Question

I want your honest opinion on this. RoboTeq don't count. ;-)

This unit is 96% AFUE 2-stage, variable speed with "Stainless Steel" Heat Exchanger. Is this furnace worth getting it??
    I'm being told by my technician that the inner parts (circuit board, blower) are made by GE. Same as American Standard, Carrier all use GE parts. Is that true?

Thanks.....

Amana controls are White-Rodgers, same as Trane & Lennox. Everyone is using GE's ECM variable speed motor setup.

If properly installed, it would be a nice furnace. Be sure to get 2 stage stat, if in a humid area get a humidistat to slow the blower in high humidity.

I keep hearing that the installation part is more important than the brand name. I can understand that the installation has to be good but doesn't the brand name also plays a big part too??

Brand plays some part. When the current White-Rodgers control design came out, it had plenty of bugs in it. So jobs installed beautifully had problems. Now it appears that all the problems have been solved and the "Intell-ignition" system is working fine. Other brands have had similar issues. Helps to know who has having what problem at what time but overall, I always suggest an extended warranty and the best possible job sized right.

So, should I go with Amana? The installer seems pretty good.

Thanks....

Certainly. One of the best exchangers made!

I hope so.....I don't want to look back 5-10yrs from now and say boy....why did I pick Amana?