Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pre-insulated Duct Panel

Where can I buy Pre-insulated Duct Panel

Pre-insulated Duct Panel

I do not like the idea of fiberglass in my a/c duct work . I want the insulation to be covered. why can't I get aluminim on both sdes of the duct board???

Does anyone know what Pre-insulated Duct Panel is ???

Quote Originally Posted by broz View Post
    I do not like the idea of fiberglass in my a/c duct work . I want the insulation to be covered. why can't I get aluminim on both sdes of the duct board???
    What you are asking for would be VERY VERY expensive even if you could get someone to build it for you.
    Aluminim is also the wrong material as it transfers heat bettwer than almost any other material.
    What you should be looking for is metal ( galvenized) wrapped in insulation.This is the best of all worlds.
    Of course if its installed without a manuel "D" being done it will not provide you with the designed air flow that you are paying big money for anyway.

I don't know how much it is but it , like everything else , is being made in China . But i cannnot find it in America yet . Google up "Pre-insulated Duct Panel " it's out there

Quote Originally Posted by REP View Post
    What you are asking for would be VERY VERY expensive even if you could get someone to build it for you.
    Aluminim is also the wrong material as it transfers heat bettwer than almost any other material.
    What you should be looking for is metal ( galvenized) wrapped in insulation.This is the best of all worlds.
    Of course if its installed without a manuel "D" being done it will not provide you with the designed air flow that you are paying big money for anyway.
    I googled it and it looked, from the first fuzzy picture I saw, a cooler/freezer panel.

Personally, I agree with metal wrapped duct. Actually, if I had my druthers, it would be round duct, wrapped, as I think round metal gives a better air flow.

I can not believe that no one has duct board with aluminum on both sides here in the U.S.. When I googled it I found at least 5 companies that make it all over the world. It just makes more sense to me to have the foil on the inside. No restrictions and no dust build up. I will have to call some ductboard suppliers and find out more.

Why duct board with aluminum on both sides?
    Metal is stronger, the insulation is on the outside, and with proper design and installation (along with manufacture) it is just as quiet.
    For a lot cheaper price than what you are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by broz View Post
    I can not believe that no one has duct board with aluminum on both sides here in the U.S.
    I can, because it's pointless.

If feel like what your looking for is "kool-duct".
    It has a foil facing on both sides, and is made out of foam, not fiberglass.
    To correctly install this product, and professional needs to be involved.
    No one uses alluminum duct anymore in a residential application.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by stonewallred View Post
    I googled it and it looked, from the first fuzzy picture I saw, a cooler/freezer panel.

Personally, I agree with metal wrapped duct. Actually, if I had my druthers, it would be round duct, wrapped, as I think round metal gives a better air flow.
    Actually I met a contractor in southern NYS that told me he installed almost all his residential jobs with round pipe.Better air flow was the reason .The only problem I could think of was head room in basements,but I liked the way he was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by REP View Post
    Actually I met a contractor in southern NYS that told me he installed almost all his residential jobs with round pipe.Better air flow was the reason .The only problem I could think of was head room in basements,but I liked the way he was thinking.
    I do round duct in crawls and attics when possible, but inspectors tend to be a pain, as they want to see duct sealed, then want to see you seal insulation. But it is cheaper, quicker, provides better airflow when done right and easier to install.
    Headroom is the biggest issue.

Thanks hvacvegas, "kool-duct" is just what i am looking for. I'm in the Fl Keys . I want the plenium built with a covering on the inside, so it cannot collect dust.. No one does metal down here .

Doesn't matter if it has a foil liner inside or not. it will collect dust, all duct does.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast