Volrath soup well

Hybrid View

Hmm Volrath soup well

Have a mn#36464-10,120 volt "Volrath"soup well to change the infinite switch c/w capillary and bulb.
    Anybody ever done?The capillary tube goes up into between the outer and inner stainless steel skins along with the electrical for the element.I pulled on the tube but the bulb won't come out.The stainless steel jackets look like they are fab'd as a closed unit after.
    Is it possible that isn't meant for replacement but rather buy as new??

The infinite sw.had a vastly different ohmic value compared to identical unit in same kitchen @same setting[value on elements were same]

most of those one or two can soup warmers are basically cheaper to replace than fix. Add to that the fact that this is a Hobart product....

But no I have not had the "pleasure" of working on that particular beast.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

The 3646410 is thermostatic controlled. The 36464 is infinite switch controlled. Does the ball valve screwed on at the bottom hold the out cover on? If it becomes to much of a hassle you can always use a infinite switch.

Red face

Ejbreeze....Ahem,Yes ,exactly as you said.It became very apparrent once I undid the undercounter clamps.The outside sleeve comes right up to the top and seperates from inside sleeve and yes the drain assbly.nipple once undone allows for them to come apart.
    Aside from a brain burp can't explain why I thought was dealing w/infinite sw. when I was looking right at it.Last job of the day and clock watching doesn't always make for the best.Put new stat in is working fine.

Good job! You had me thinking they were stating to make throw away equipment