Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You would be healthier eating the ice from a dirty machine occasionally. Boosts the immune system. Ever see a machine at a true Chinese place? Climb over the pails of open containers of food(in the store room not the cooler) to get to the ice machine and they say just blow it out it will be fine. Meanwhile in the kitchen they cut veggies on the same table they just got done cubing raw chicken on.
    You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by thermofridge View Post
    You would be healthier eating the ice from a dirty machine occasionally. Boosts the immune system. Ever see a machine at a true Chinese place? Climb over the pails of open containers of food(in the store room not the cooler) to get to the ice machine and they say just blow it out it will be fine. Meanwhile in the kitchen they cut veggies on the same table they just got done cubing raw chicken on.
    I see you are a Chinese restaurant pro too.
    I like the seeing the cook pull three day old rotted shrimp from a broken down freezer, and then cook and serve it.
    Makes me know my immune system will be up to par when confronting some strange alien germs.

The nurses at a major Cancer center in Tampa told me no one ever cleaned them before I did,not in years.Some I had to chisel apart to tear down and soak parts in acid baths.
    I no longer do work there,nor would I ever get treatment there for anything.
    Have you ever tasted more than Coke in an ICEE at 7-11?Another dirty machine story I ain't telling.

Exclamation

thats going on in alot of new construction houses. The use of chinese drywall eats away the copper and just as you mentioned it turns black first before it starts to spring holes. find out if they just replaced drywall people are using that to underbid other contractors not knowing the end result......

Quote Originally Posted by cascader View Post
    The nurses at a major Cancer center in Tampa told me no one ever cleaned them before I did,not in years.Some I had to chisel apart to tear down and soak parts in acid baths.
    I no longer do work there,nor would I ever get treatment there for anything.
    Have you ever tasted more than Coke in an ICEE at 7-11?Another dirty machine story I ain't telling.
    This acid bath, is that the same as the pink outdoor coil cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by theicecleaner View Post
    There are many factors that could influence the recommended ice machine cleaning interval in a Subway restaurant, such as climate, water quality/filtration, and store volume. I have a customer that won't clean his ice machine more frequently than every 3 months and he isn't willing to purchase anything else to help keep the ice machines clean (I recommended an IceZone). Based on the circumstances at this particular Subway, cleanings at every 5 weeks are certainly warranted.

Just curious how frequent you need to clean ice machines in your neck of the woods.
    All of the yeast that's in the air at subway's doesn't help anything at all. All of the ones around here get that nasty black slime all over the inside of them. If only people that were eating there could see what the inside of those machines look like. I went on a call to one-one time, the owner was complaining that there was black stuff in the ice and of course, it was the slime.

I would like to say I went on a consult the other day to look at a ice machine, and when I took the cover off, I was blinded by the sparkling white interior.
    I now know two places in my town that regularly and correctly clean their ice machines themselves.

All of the yeast that's in the air at subway's doesn't help anything at all. All of the ones around here get that nasty black slime all over the inside of them.
    This is the Problem, Subways, donuts shops, Bars anyplace that has Yeast in the air.
    I use a product by Manitowoc it's called "Guardian"
    http://www.manitowocice.com/docs/upl...s/guardian.pdf
    Manitowoc's exclusive Guardian® Accessory is patented technology that releases chlorine dioxide on a controlled basis to inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi that form slime and cause odors.
    Manitowoc's Guardian can extend slime cleaning effectiveness by up to six times the normal frequency...six months instead of one.

I use this product and it works...the machine needs to be clean first

If your not part of the solution, You must be part of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by macdaddy View Post
    This is the Problem, Subways, donuts shops, Bars anyplace that has Yeast in the air.
    I use a product by Manitowoc it's called "Guardian"
    http://www.manitowocice.com/docs/upl...s/guardian.pdf
    Manitowoc's exclusive Guardian® Accessory is patented technology that releases chlorine dioxide on a controlled basis to inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi that form slime and cause odors.
    Manitowoc's Guardian can extend slime cleaning effectiveness by up to six times the normal frequency...six months instead of one.

I use this product and it works...the machine needs to be clean first

Why does Manitowoc keep coming out with other cleaning technologies, such as their new Luminice, if the Guardian works? I know that the Guardian is NSF Certified (at least some indication that the product is safe), but I could see operators objecting to releasing chemicals inside of an ice machine. Does this issue ever some up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12