Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi folks. I do primaririly commercial/industrial but:
    My personal downflow furnace )mobile home) needs replacing. Have a Coleman/Intertherm downflow with 3-ton coil. Unit existing is a model #7655-856 (55m/44), serial #108257853. Furnace/coil built into its own closet space with the return being the front grilles as it doesn't have a cabinet front.

In Southern California, South Orange County area, Huntington Beach.

Who would be the wholesaler for a replacement unit?

Appreciate any and all help.
    Thank you, tom

CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A JOHNSTONE SUPPLY NEAR BY THEY SELL COLEMAN MOBILE HOME FURNACES

is it a coleman or is it an intertherm? you might want to look at the label. coleman is made by york. intertherm is made by nordyne. the nordyne is the way to go. go to colemanac.com & look at the big recall on the coleman. forget the coleman, go with miller/intertherm. you'll be way better off.

Originally posted by joeoilman
    is it a coleman or is it an intertherm? you might want to look at the label. coleman is made by york. intertherm is made by nordyne. the nordyne is the way to go. go to colemanac.com & look at the big recall on the coleman. forget the coleman, go with miller/intertherm. you'll be way better off.
    The Coleman recall was limited to a fixed set of serial numbered units made during a very limited run of units. The problem was solved quickly.

I have installed and serviced both Coleman and Intertherm units. Coleman systems are easier to install and easier to replace. Additionally, I had fewer problems with Coleman when warranty issues were involved.

There are regular 90+ furnaces rated for use in mobil homes.I would put in a 90 & skip all the brands made just for mobil home use.IMO It will mean more work to put it in & dress out the closet though.
    Take your time & do it right!

For the unknowledable, what are the differences between a furnace rateded for mobile homes vs. conventional homes? I'm figuring it's probably more regulation-based than anything else, but am curious.

I believe it has to do with HUD requirements. The mobile home furnaces pull the combustion intake air from the roof much like a 90%. It is the same with the gas water heaters. The combustion air should come from outside (underneath the house).

To All re: new downflow

Thank you for your replies. I will check Johnstone. The vent is solid from the combustion chamber through the roof. I should think that is why the fresh air can be a part of the open return air space.
    Again, thank you
    tom

Mobile home furnaces have blowers that will handle the high static because of the small ducts in these homes.

Several sealed combustion furnaces are approved for mobile homes but will not work unless there are duct changes made.

check your R.E. Micheal branch. Some sell Coleman, some don't

trane

Can you expand on your statment re: duct changes.
    than you, tom

Re: trane

Originally posted by twcpipes
    Can you expand on your statment re: duct changes.
    than you, tom
    Mobile homes have very small supply ductwork and furnaces designed for mobile homes have a blower that can handle the static pressure from the small ducts. All other furnaces do not have a blower that will work.

If you install any other furnace on these duct systems they will not work within the manufactures limit on static pressure and tempature rise unless the ducts are changed. There are apparently several people that are not aware of this.

trane

Thank you so much. Yoiu are right, It could make a huge difference.
    tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast