Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 or 17 SEER?

I'm deciding between the top of the line Lennox Heat Pump (XP 19) or the Carrier Infinity 17. I will need 4 ton. The SEER of these 4toners works out to 17 and 14. Will that be a huge difference for me. I live in the Philly area and will need primarily heat from these. Which would be better and why? Both on a variable speed oil furnace. Also what do you think of the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 with dehumidification control. Thanks

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I like Infinity,but I don't think they have an Infinity oil furnace ror 17 SEER in a 4 ton.The literature may be misleading as it says up 17 SEER on the cover ,but that's the 3 ton model only ,4 ton 14 or 15 SEER.

Thanks Dash, no their variable speed oil furnace is not the Infinity so I can't use the Infinty control. i like either the Honeywell VP8000 or the Humidistat by Carrier. Even though the numbers are lower on the Carrier line you like them better that the lennox? Why? Thanks again

The Carrier Infinity 17 Heat Pump at 4 tons rates at 14SEER
    The Lennox XP19 Heat Pump at 4 tons rates at about17 SEER

From what I see, Lennox has no ARI ratings for that heat pump with a variable speed oil furnace. It does hit 17 with VS gas units. If you need an ARI rating for a rebate or want proof it can do the same with oil, you'll need to wait and see if they rate it that way.

Does Carrier have an ARI rating with their Variable speed oil furnace? What is an ARI rating? Will I need it fir the Federal rebate on high effency equipment?

I did not think Lennox makes a variable speed oil furnace yet, and I am not a fan of mix matching on a BIG item as the furnace. Thermostat is okay,but I would like the Thermidistat for tech support.The Carrier will be in the new ARI rating for rebate. I not sure that the LENNOX would be in there with it's variable speed furnace,plus you could the first guy to have that new furnace.Install is key,I really do not care what you install,if it is put in poorly,it really does not matter what you install.Run a D&B on the company,that always says alot!!!!
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

lennox has model and catalog #s for v drive oil furnace probably out any day if not already. may have to get ratings from tech dept, doubt they have been published yet.

Is that Lennox still the drum heat exhcanger???Reillo yet??

Originally posted by heatpumpguru
    Is that Lennox still the drum heat exhcanger???Reillo yet??

it's a drum, looks like should be in production now

Can you get a Reillo burner in them yet?

I would get off SEER and look into HSPF if you live in Philly. Some ultra high efficiency heat pups downright suck in heating efficiency. You might be better off looking at a 13 SEER hp but I cant say for sure. Do your homework.

You don't need 17 seer in philly for a/c.

As doc said, check the HSPF, thats what will count more for you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast