Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need energy-optimal chiller for cooling and heating (variable speed screw,centrifugal

I need energy-optimal solution for summer cooling and winter heating, with 200 -400 ton capacity, while the outside temp. is 27 -35 Celsius in summer and 7 - 20 Celsius in winter.

I am wondering, what is the best available technology for air cooled (probably, variable speed screw or centrifugal) chiller with heat pump (reverse operation)?

I did not manage to find any variable speed solutions of this type on the market. Are any under development? Any advice about alternatives?

the 'optimal' chiller is......no chiller.

heat pump chillers are getting popular now. you really need to consult a local factory office for ideas about your specific application.
    It's tube brushing season...93% done (39.35 miles of tubing)...only 1,242 tubes to go!

Original member of the Raccoon Brotherhood.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!

Confused variable speed air cooled chiller with heat pump needed

I am looking for variable speed 200 - 400 ton air cooled chiller with heat pump and do not find any!

large chillers usualy use "heat recovery" to boiler make up water through heat exchangers , and many are readily available, not reverse cycle refrigeration stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Quote Originally Posted by stanbyyourword View Post
    large chillers usualy use "heat recovery" to boiler make up water through heat exchangers , and many are readily available, not reverse cycle refrigeration stan
    How does this help me in winter? I do not have any cooling load that time ...

with a 'heat pump chiller' the chiller works normally without reverse cycle.

in 'cool mode', the heat is rejected to the 'heating loop'. the heating loop can be used for hot water heating or other areas of the building that need heat. any extra heat is rejected to the ground or water source or whatever is your heat sink.

in 'heat mode', the chiller still works like normal, creating hot water and cold water. the 'cold loop' can be used for areas of the building that need year-round cooling like servers rooms, etc. any cold water not needed is then rejected to the ground or water source to pick up heat.
    It's tube brushing season...93% done (39.35 miles of tubing)...only 1,242 tubes to go!

Original member of the Raccoon Brotherhood.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    with a 'heat pump chiller' the chiller works normally without reverse cycle.

in 'heat mode', the chiller still works like normal, creating hot water and cold water. the 'cold loop' can be used for areas of the building that need year-round cooling like servers rooms, etc. any cold water not needed is then rejected to the ground or water source to pick up heat.
    Again, I need a chiller, which heats in winter. Can you recommend any?!

york cyk may be what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by York Mech3 View Post
    york cyk may be what you are looking for.
    Dear York Mech, thank You for the recommendation!

It's rather attractive 2-stage centrifugal machine, however it's too powerful for me (600 ton instead of 200 - 400 I need). I also do not see any air-cooled heat pump chiller based in this compressor. No variable speed too..

Why cant you have a chiller that chills and a boiler that heats... Why do you need one machine that does both?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy2734 View Post
    Why cant you have a chiller that chills and a boiler that heats... Why do you need one machine that does both?
    Natural gas and solar becoming expensive. Using heat pump with COP 4 - 6 is the most economical solution.

what is wrong with the scroll you can have the YLPA starting on cooling from 408 till 501 KW and heating 411 till 528 KW cooling ESER 4-4,4 heating EER 3.1-3,2

Quote Originally Posted by yorkman_gr View Post
    what is wrong with the scroll you can have the YLPA starting on cooling from 408 till 501 KW and heating 411 till 528 KW cooling ESER 4-4,4 heating EER 3.1-3,2
    Nice machine. Can you tell me what are advantages / disadvantages of scroll versus screw?

Still variable speed is absent. It could greatly improve partial load efficiency.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast