+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ALC question for me also

Post Likes

ALC question for me also

I read the last post on ALC with interest.
    I am in a similar situation, however I found the database with the .eiw files.

Can I somehow pull all the old databases into a new Sitebuilder program file without having to config everything step by step?

I found a migrate/? file but that doesn't seem to do the trick.
    It seems to look for .library files.

I'm trying to make my computer a workstation and I have the WebCntrl 3.0 version. I posted previously on this before finding the database.

Thanks,

Brian

Post Likes

ALC WebCTRL 3.0 and Sitebuilder with database?

Sounds like you have almost all that is needed to own and operate your ALC WebCTRL System, as long as you have the "administrator" level password,
    and a server pc with WebCTRL installed on it. There is no backdoor master password, unless the installing ALC dealer left it at default, which is unlikely.

Did you find the database on the WebCTRL server, and if you did, that would be a good starting point to look for the ALC WebCTRL tools;

Sitebuilder
    (for putting the system together, areas, graphics, modules, networks)

Viewbuilder
    (for creating and modifing the graphics)

Eikon
    (for creating and modifying the control programs)

If you have access to log into your WebCTRL server, (if you have a server)
    select the help, about, and see which version of software you have.

Big question; are you the owner of the system, or a support contractor?

The reason I ask is that if you are the owner, you may be able to get some assistance from your local ALC dealer, but if you are a service contractor, they may not be inclined to support you, especially if you took the account away from them.

See if you can provide more information about the status and description of your installed WebCTRL system as that would be helpful in which type of guidance I can provide.

Drac
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Post Likes
    If you have an actual database of the system, that is all you need. When you put it in the webroot folder in WebCTRL, you SHOULD be able to open it in Sitebuilder.

If not, there is quite a few reasons why it possibly might not open. (different service packs, etc.)

If it does open in Sitebuilder then you should be ready to go.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help Dracula and Xarralu!

Dracula...we are the owners, but I did come across the administrator password login and don't know it (do you know the default?). Hopefully we have it on file. We have a very strained relationship with our local ALC vendor and they're considered pesona non grata, so we won't be using them for any help.
    I'm basically on my own with a little help from the tech who's been working here a while to try and figure this out myself. I do have Sitebuilder, Eikon, etc already installed. I'm just trying to put the original database on my laptop so I can direct connect to controllers.

Xarralu...I have SP2 on my laptop and it doesn't include the Webroot folder. Can I just copy and paste the folder into SP2 tree and paste in the .eiw files as a database? Do I need other files or will Sitebuilder extract what I need automatically?

Thanks guys, you are really helping me out here!

- Brian

Post Likes
    basparky,

I work for a controls service contractor that might be able to help you out with some of you issues.Shoot me a email if you wish to discuss.

Regards,
    debug69

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by basparky View Post
    Thanks for the help Dracula and Xarralu!

Dracula...we are the owners, but I did come across the administrator password login and don't know it (do you know the default?). Hopefully we have it on file. We have a very strained relationship with our local ALC vendor and they're considered pesona non grata, so we won't be using them for any help.
    I'm basically on my own with a little help from the tech who's been working here a while to try and figure this out myself. I do have Sitebuilder, Eikon, etc already installed. I'm just trying to put the original database on my laptop so I can direct connect to controllers.
    Default is administrator with no password, almost everyone changes it to something else.

Xarralu...I have SP2 on my laptop and it doesn't include the Webroot folder. Can I just copy and paste the folder into SP2 tree and paste in the .eiw files as a database? Do I need other files or will Sitebuilder extract what I need automatically?

Thanks guys, you are really helping me out here!

- Brian
    The custom job files are entirely in a subfolder of webroot and aren't _common or web-inf.

You can copy paste that whole folder and move it to another computer, or zip it to back it up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in