Thread: Zoning

Cool

I've been in this forum for less than a year. And I like it. Can you guys give me a good zoning controller. My experience is commercial. I'm looking at "TZ-4 totalZone" by Honeywell. Any comment. Do you recommend to redo the ductwork and of course install a by-pass damper in the process.

Yes the ducts should be redone accordingly and a bypass is not required all the time so you dont want to just assume it is needed. Zonex is a decent system.

Originally posted by docholiday
    Yes the ducts should be redone accordingly and a bypass is not required all the time so you dont want to just assume it is needed. Zonex is a decent system.
    Thanks for the reply. I have checcked their web site(ZONEX)
    and locate a local distributor here in Northern California.

In sizing the duct I should upsize it up 15% to compensate
    for a zone that satisfies. I've learn this from the previous post but can't locate from the long lists.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I'd size for cfm required X1.25 supplies and returns.This reduces the velocity/noise when one or two smaller zones are calling.

Now if you want the best,look at Carrier Infinity zoning,no bypass required or allowed.

Controller has complete control of dampers and the new GE 2.5 version ECM motor,very slick. Couple it with two stage heating and cooling for the very best.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but Carrier seems to have the best zoning systems. Have you looked at Arzel yet? Anyone?
    WHY?

Cool

You'll pay a premium for the infinity, it does some neat tricks.