ok, I have an issue with a variable speed air handler that will not get up to full rpm. (model # FK4CNF005) All control board settings are set to full cfm. I have tried all comfort settings including enhanced mode. By this unit not getting up to full rpm, this coil is generating algae at an alarming rate and at the same time driving me crazy as it is my fathers house. I really dont do ressidential work much anymore, so I am unsure as to whether or not the module on the motor is bad, or that of the control board. any info on this situation would be greatly appreciated as I am about to just start buying parts and hoping. Thanks

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Call a Pro.

Seriously ,how do you know what it's doing,and that everything is setup correctly?

Dash is correct! Call an authorized Carrier dealer and have them send out a tech. Carrier provides training for these motors and someone that has had it will know how to diagnose your motor problem. Good luck!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

sounds like he phooked with it.

what are you an idiot? this website is to allow an informative discussion on a wide range of technical issues you friggin schmuck!!!!! now unless you have anything constructive, then get off my thread

schmuck??

Hmmmmm.... where have I heard that before??

Remis, FE, Gruv.... is that you

Mufler bearings
    "Dodge is a damn fine car. Ran over my wife with a Dodge" - Zeke, Married with children