Something to think about

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politi...chool-district

The Kaukauna School District, in the Fox River Valley of Wisconsin near Appleton, has about 4,200 students and about 400 employees. It has struggled in recent times and this year faced a deficit of $400,000. But after the law went into effect, at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, school officials put in place new policies they estimate will turn that $400,000 deficit into a $1.5 million surplus. And it's all because of the very provisions that union leaders predicted would be disastrous.
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

While the results seem to be wonderful, a school district is no supposed to make a profit, They need to go a little further and cut some taxes so their savings will be $0.00. If not, then one monster was replaced by one just as scary.

The point being, if you get unions and other self-serving entities out of the way, the financial situation improves.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    While the results seem to be wonderful, a school district is no supposed to make a profit, They need to go a little further and cut some taxes so their savings will be $0.00. If not, then one monster was replaced by one just as scary.
    They won't make a profit ACE, they'll have a surplus which means they will have money going into the following school year and yes, maybe, the local millage rate can be reduced because of the surplus, but they certainly can not reduce the millage before having the surplus.

Cudos again to Gov. Walker, atta boy!!! Finally and honorable politician, one whom did what he campaigned on.

I don't get it, when you run a business andafter all bills and salaries are paid, the surplus is called a Profit.

I don't get it, when you run a business andafter all bills and salaries are paid, the surplus is called a Profit.
    Any YOU pay tax, they don't do they?

Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    Any YOU pay tax, they don't do they?
    come on now web, speak to me in English. I said after all bills and salaries, that includes the tax bill.

come on now web, speak to me in English. I said after all bills and salaries, that includes the tax bill.
    Public entity doesn't pay taxes is my point so it's not profit for distribution. It's a balance, positive or negative. Call it profit if you want but if its a public entity the so called "profit" has to go back inot the budget for the upcoming fiscal period, so the revenue versus costs can be somewhat balanced. Your comment was that it would be a worse "monster" but it can't work that way. At least on the public Board that I sit on, it can't work that way.

And remember, this discussion was about a local school board, not an Obama controlled group of thieves...

Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    Public entity doesn't pay taxes is my point so it's not profit for distribution. It's a balance, positive or negative. Call it profit if you want but if its a public entity the so called "profit" has to go back inot the budget for the upcoming fiscal period, so the revenue versus costs can be somewhat balanced. Your comment was that it would be a worse "monster" but it can't work that way. At least on the public Board that I sit on, it can't work that way.

And remember, this discussion was about a local school board, not an Obama controlled group of thieves...
    Schools are what a community makes of them. The State of Texas recently cut school funding by about 4 billion dollars over the next two years. School districts all over the State have been firing teachers and administrators so they don't overspend. So what does my local School District do. It demolishes a pefectly good portion of the school to add a covered walk way up to the front door of the High School in addition to adding classrooms and a new gymnasium.