CAT Lockout York chiller

YCAS0198 Chiller Current Transformer off wye delta locking out on a # 6 code "uncalibrated" Can't find explanation for this lock out. Texas Instruments 2ace-2c1 CAT. Number 1 circuit 164 amp fla 480v. All dip switches in correct position. Can not reset lockout. Never do exceed 104% lockout. Occasionally lock out "Low Current/mp/hp, but definately not a high pressure or motor protection issue. This SOB is driving me crazy! Any responce greatly appreciated. Oh bye the way someone installed a 100 ohm resistor on the +5 c resistor terminal on the CAT, I checked it out and it read 98. ohms. Thank you. If anyone can help me I will buy them a case of a beer!

I don't drink, but the resistor is supposed to be there. The "6" fault code is for an uncalibrated MP. If you've done all the routine things like power down/up, changed the position on the switches back and forth to wipe any internal corrosion off, etc., then it shouldn't be driving you crazy - those things can fail, too.

By the way, what's a CAT?

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    I don't drink, but the resistor is supposed to be there. The "6" fault code is for an uncalibrated MP. If you've done all the routine things like power down/up, changed the position on the switches back and forth to wipe any internal corrosion off, etc., then it shouldn't be driving you crazy - those things can fail, too.

By the way, what's a CAT?
    current sensing transformer

see if this helps the resistance seems wrong supposed to be 270 ohms
    Attached Files Attached Files

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by psiman View Post
    see if this helps the resistance seems wrong supposed to be 270 ohms
    Thank you. I did find a helpful bulleltin from Hartford Compressors on the test procedure, thank God for google. I'm headed to Radio Shack right now.

All the radio shack trip will get you is more time on the job. The resistor is placed in series with the stator temp sensor common terminals to compensate for a change in resistance of the sensors when York started using another type sensor. You probably have a compressor that was changed before they officialy figured out what resistance the thing should be. I personally changed 2 or 3 before they ever came out with the 270 ohm figure, and I used 100 ohm and never had a problem. If the MP isn't showing a steady "5" in the window, you don't have an issue with the temp sensor circuit.

All the radio shack trip will get you is more time on the job. The resistor is placed in series with the stator temp sensor common terminals to compensate for a change in resistance of the sensors when York started using another type sensor. You probably have a compressor that was changed before they officialy figured out what resistance the thing should be. I personally changed 2 or 3 before they ever came out with the 270 ohm figure, and I used 100 ohm and never had a problem. If the MP isn't showing a steady "5" in the window, you don't have an issue with the temp sensor circuit.
    What was the wattage on that resistor?

Quote Originally Posted by blewbyu2 View Post
    What was the wattage on that resistor?
    If memory serves correctly, 1/2 watt.

If memory serves correctly, 1/2 watt.
    Thank you, too stupid to figure OHMS law