Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Daikin VRV Integration

I am integrating to a Daikin system and was able to successfully connect to the D-BACS gateway and program the IP address and the device instance, but cannot see any of the units when I click "Operating State". Also not able to autodiscover any of them. All units are powered on and wiring is solid, but I get nothing. Is there some crucial step that I missed? It seems like it's probably just something silly.

What system are you integrating to?

I have most of the manuals for this integration, but it would help to know what you are integrating the Daikin to? (Carrier, ALC, Honeywell, JCI, etc..)

Are you using a third party point sniffer like BACnet Explorer?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Missed the attachment

Sorry first post didn't catch attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

This is a side point - but I like it that the Army Corps of Engineers disallows these type of control systems. There is no reason why it needs to be a separate proprietary communication.

Quote Originally Posted by dracula View Post
    I have most of the manuals for this integration, but it would help to know what you are integrating the Daikin to? (Carrier, ALC, Honeywell, JCI, etc..)

Are you using a third party point sniffer like BACnet Explorer?
    I am integrating to ALC but have only been able to autodiscover the D-BACS gateway and none of the units downstream of it. Haven't used any third party point sniffers.

Quote Originally Posted by C Murda View Post
    I am integrating to ALC but have only been able to autodiscover the D-BACS gateway and none of the units downstream of it. Haven't used any third party point sniffers.
    We did this a while back and this is how they came in when we did it. Is this not what you are seeing?
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    We did this a while back and this is how they came in when we did it. Is this not what you are seeing?
    Nope, I can't discover any of the air conditioners, just the "Daikin Master Station".

Quote Originally Posted by C Murda View Post
    Nope, I can't discover any of the air conditioners, just the "Daikin Master Station".
    Evidently I looked at that screenshot wrong the first time. So all of the individual units' objects are under the MasterStation? All I see is this:

Have each of the indoor units been assigned a group address? If not, do that and then cycle power on the gateway.

Pres

Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
    Have each of the indoor units been assigned a group address? If not, do that and then cycle power on the gateway.

Pres
    How do I assign them a group address?

bump for the daikin experts

guitarman25 Guest
    Some notes from our Daikin experience, which involved fan coils and condensers:

Com wire is very sensitive. Shielded wire was mistakenly installed at a few units and did not work at all. When replaced with no-shield, it worked.

If landing 2 wires under a terminal, do not twist them together. Sounds strange, but made a difference.

Make sure all units are the same (i.e.VR3, VR2, etc.) The manufacturer sent some of the wrong model, and they of course would not communicate.

Power the master first, then add the slaves.

Double check the terminals F1 and F2, Q1 and Q2 from unit to unit.

It seemed that if one thing was wrong, we could not see the entire system, so start at the very first unit, disconnect from the rest, and work your way down.

Good Luck!

hi xarralu. what software is this from AutomatedLogic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast