Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ladder Diagram

When I said that the draft motor would not start? Some of you started talking about proving switches. When a call for heat is made immediately the draft motor comes on. If not that would put you at what makes the draft motor comes on. In this case that would be the fan timer board or fan relay switch. Proving switches, limit switches; generally have nothing to do with the draft motor coming on.

If you look at the connection diagram you will see the orange wire coming from INDIN to number 1 on the gas valve. I was not sure weather the 120 volts was coming from the board to the gas valve or from the gas valve to the board.

The valve showed green so there were no faults.
    The most logical thing to have thought is to test the fan timer board and that’s what I did. I had no power coming from INDH,INDL and INDIN. So, I sent power to INDIN and the motor started, but I did not send 120volts up the orange wire to the gas valve, because I was not sure were the power suppose to come from. Thats why I want a second opinion from someone who works on this type of furnace all the time.

If you really knew furnace like you pretend you would have said check power coming from the relay in this case INDH and or INDL. I call comfortmaker dealer this morning, they said they would warranty the part.

Thanks for those who tried to assist.

Regards,
    Kelvin

Originally posted by klyons20
    When I said that the draft motor would not start? Some of you started talking about proving switches.
    That’s because SOME of US actually KNOW this SYSTEM!

When a call for heat is made immediately the draft motor comes on. If not that would put you at what makes the draft motor comes on.
    Which is WHY I asked if you checked the pressure switches!

In this case that would be the fan timer board or fan relay switch. Proving switches, limit switches; generally have nothing to do with the draft motor coming on.
    Wrong!
    Generally, I don’t ask or tell someone to check something IF I DON’T KNOW!

If you look at the connection diagram you will see the orange wire coming from INDIN to number 1 on the gas valve. I was not sure weather the 120 volts was coming from the board to the gas valve or from the gas valve to the board.

The valve showed green so there were no faults.
    I told you to forget the stupid little light. I wish they would do away with them. People always say… but the light says… If people would LEARN how to diagnose equipment, they wouldn’t need to rely on a little light half the time!

The most logical thing to have thought is to test the fan timer board and that’s what I did. I had no power coming from INDH,INDL and INDIN. So, I sent power to INDIN and the motor started, but I did not send 120volts up the orange wire to the gas valve, because I was not sure were the power suppose to come from. Thats why I want a second opinion from someone who works on this type of furnace all the time.
    I gave you your second opinion (and I deal with them ALL THE TIME), however you wish to TRY to teach ME about a system that I have been working on EVER since it come into the field!

If you really knew furnace like you pretend you would have said check power coming from the relay in this case INDH and or INDL.
    Wrong, I already knew you didn’t have power there. You tested the motor and it ran (so motor is good), so if you had power at the board…. Guess what? IT WOULD HAVE RAN!

I call comfortmaker dealer this morning, they said they would warranty the part.
    I wish manufactures would start checking parts. Maybe this would lead to DENIED claims that would in turn lower equipment costs! But you go ahead and change that board, cause YOU know it’s BAD! And by all means it's under WARRANTY!

I’m not clear as to WHY you even asked us PRO’S.

Thanks for those who tried to assist.
    That’s some thanks, telling a PROFESSIONAL that they are TOTALLY wrong!

And just so EVERY ONE knows how wrong you are, below is the manufactures flow chart for diagnosing their C8MPT unit… Which I happen to know like the BACK of my hand!

Note, it says to make sure the switches prove open!

BTW, Another poster in this thread has it pretty well stated. And here it is….

Originally posted by kelvin
    Can you read a wiring diagram? If you can you will understand that jultzya is right. And in do respect don't teach the pro. The reason we go to the "doctor" is to seek a professional advice. I've been in this trade for 10 years now. And I know this guys are good.
    But in your case, you can't see the logic that the board uses to control the unit. But, I on the other hand know what that logic sequence is supposed to be.

Next time do your own homework!

Have a nice day changing that board.

is is probably the switches! does he know how to change a control board? or read aq wiring diagram? i sure as heck can! appears to be a diy issue to me

BALLOONS JULTZYA!!!!!!!

When the pressure switches are three wire, it could mean that control power has to pass through a normally closed contact of a pressure switch in order for the inducer fan to start.

Maybe a set of contacts are shot.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

service manual

If you would have had the service manual I could have fix it a little faster. Thats why I posted the question. Instead of some of you being a smart ___ ! you could have just emailed me the service manual.

If the proven switch was stuck in the closed position then
    the smart valve would have stated that. Thats why its a smart valve..

I change the fan timer board and everything works fine..

I am licensed. I dont what that has to do with the question? You boys talk on this site all day and I will go make the money..

regards,
    Kelvin

my cat is smarter than your stupid gas valve!

Sounds like you took a good guess and changed the right part.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Originally posted by Carnak
    When the pressure switches are three wire
    They happen to be 2 wire switches.

Sounds like you took a good guess and changed the right part.
    He didn't have many choices, he was bound to get it right by CHANGING PARTS!

Originally posted by hvacprodmgr
    My concern is this, This is a 2-stage, which means on a call for heat, the vent motor will start on high speed and high fire. it does not go to lo fire until after the system has started. Are you reading hi fire amps or lo fire amps on the vent motor when you jumped R and W1 ?

I may not be totally correct, but just some things I am taking from the information given. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    The unit will only bring on the high stage (first) with a single stage stat connected. Otherwise the unit will fire on low first.

# 4408200202 page 20-21

Originally posted by klyons20
    If you would have had the service manual I could have fix it a little faster.
    I answered your question and told you what to look for, what else do you want me to do… fix it for ya?

Thats why I posted the question. Instead of some of you being a smart ___ ! you could have just emailed me the service manual.
    I don’t e-mail technical service data to DIY’ers. As they can’t understand it anyway. As you can see by this thread.

Never seen a computer lock up or do something it's not supposed to?

I change the fan timer board and everything works fine..
    Everybody gets lucky from time to time. I like knowing WHY I’m changing a part instead of GUESSING!

I am licensed. I dont what that has to do with the question?
    As you likely know, this is NOT a DIY site, that is WHY it has a tie to your question.

You boys talk on this site all day and I will go make the money..

We post to a board, which doesn’t take all day. But I gotta secret for ya, some of us KNOW what we are talking about and STOCK parts on our SERVICE trucks that we need. In this case, I would have fixed the unit on the first trip as the part is on the shelf in the truck. Saves valuable time and our clients are NOT waiting for an incompetent tech to TRY to figure out what is wrong with their equipment.

But judging by this post of yours, I figure that you didn’t understand HALF of what I tried to teach you in this thread.

edit: (repaired link)

[Edited by jultzya on 10-11-2005 at 10:14 PM]

correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that a 2 stage system starts the draft fan on high and once both pressure switches prove closed, it switches to low speed right?

also, the ifc doesnt like to find closed switches if it hasnt told the idm to run and close them!

like i said, correct me if i am wrong jultzya

Originally posted by mr hvac41
    Only if you PROMISE to never again bad mouth ICP/Arcoaire!

Originally posted by jultzya
    Originally posted by mr hvac41
    Only if you PROMISE to never again bad mouth ICP/Arcoaire!
    ICP has big idenitty issues since being absorbed by UTI.

They are slowly becoming Carrier clones and that is not good.

My money is on Nordyne. They just came out with
    a 23 SEER unit.

Their growth has exceeded company expectations again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast