Liquid Level Oddness

Got a call today about a liquid level alarm on the receiver, and when I arrived it was really low sitting at about .5%. Checked the graph on the LL and it was fluctuating between .5% and 1% since last Sunday 6/19. This seemed odd to me since usually it would bottom out at 0% with any kind of leak, and it held .5-1 for the entire week?

This was on a supermarket rack system, and what really made me scratch the old noggin was before this it was running 39% and dropped sharply and held .5-1% for a few hours, and then jumped back up to 39%. When it bottomed out at .5-1% the second time it stayed that way for an entire week. This is my first foray into the supermarket side of things, and it seemed odd.

I'm not a market tech, but sounds like a headmaster/fan cycling issue?
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Just saying it is a "supermarket rack system" is kind of like saying "it's a red car"

Tell me a bit more about the rack and about your area.

Do you have heat reclaim? What are your ambients? What type of defrost?

are there sightglasses on the receiver or did you try torching the receiver? is it really at that level or is that what the level indicator is reading?

like what JP said, need ambient, does it have a split condenser, roof rack, ground rack who made it, what control manufature, have you checked liquid line sight glass to see if your flashing? Might have a leak!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pherman View Post
    are there sightglasses on the receiver or did you try torching the receiver? is it really at that level or is that what the level indicator is reading?
    I dont know anything about anything, but I think pherman might be on to something.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    I dont know anything about anything, but I think pherman might be on to something.
    well thanks ammoniadog....your check is in the mail. haha

I seen the same thing but without a digital scale,regardless the level on your tank is probably magnetic,probably the liquid level float has some how twisted upside down or your float is starting to fail,that being said if this was in may and assuming the temperature was not very cold out,the condenser split would have nothing to do with this, if any thing trip on on hi head...Also is this on a low temp rack,could you have several frozen up cases and hoarding the gas on the floor?