Heat Pumps in California - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Too bad nathan. Heat pumps are definately nothing new, been around for over 30 years. 410A has been around for probably 8 and the control is fairly new but it doesnt have any real problems.

Sounds like somebody needs to move into the 21st century.

I agree, but as a homeowner we don't lead, we follow. I'm sure it will change locally. The local building activity has been so hot for so long that there may not be much incentive to do anything different.

Thanks again.

I guess we've been down this road before but are the local utilies offering any incentives?

Just for higher SEER AC, nothing for heating as far as I know. All the money is gone for this year. Usually runs out by sometime every summer.

I take it back. More funding just became available. A 14 SEER unit with VS qualifies for $565 rebate. Now I'll have to check to see how much more a 16.5 SEER 2 stage Bryant would be. That would be worth $725.

Pro-Active

Originally posted by nathan9999
    Many local dealers resist R-410A systems, zoning, even load calcs, etc. The dealer who is installing my system (Bryant) is reluctant to install an Evolution control, even though the product has been out for quite some time and it well regarded by the participants on this forum.

I'm sure it's the same with many different types of businesses.
    Americans are generally
    A LOT DUMBER than we wish to admit.

A few examples,
    Literacy rate ___ ... someone can tell me.

High School Graduation Rate < 75%

By comparison, the study said the national graduation rate was 71 percent and 34 percent of all students graduated with qualifications for college.

http://www.wstm.com/Global/story.asp?S=2945039

35% of Americans do not know how to use a PC.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123