How dots and govt relate... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Where does the government get the money?
    Haha, that's a good one, they get it from the same place. the only real difference is how manyare collecting tolls and how often you have to pay them

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    From what I read... toll roads are managed a lot better than govt roads... and they make $$$;rather than waste $$$.

As far as I can tell... nobody is arguing with the need for some govt services... What is being questioned is massive govt services that do not help ALL of society.

Now Ace... please explain to me how paying folks to not work helps society... as in welfare checks, farm subsidies, endless $$$ dumped into education that is producing dumber and dumber students... the list goes on and on and on and on and on...

Seems to me when private enterprise takes things over... they work better with less $$$ spent.

Care to comment there Ace?
    well, you know if people on welfare had to live like you want them to, then when you went off to make your money , they would come and take what you left behind, but they might do it anyway and they probably should when it comes to some people, the greedy , for instance.

I agree on the education.

As for private enterprise. Care to explain why tolls go up on built roads?

I agree... scrapping the republic is NOT an option.

Seems my observations of human nature show: Folks will do a fraction of what they talk about: If someone says they will clean up the yard... Maybe talking in extremes will motivate folks to take a few steps in the direction of telling that little dot they serve the people, not the other way around.

Off to earn some more $$$ to give to the little dot...
    ga-hvac-tech, how much do you think you should have to pay to keep the republic?

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Haha, that's a good one, they get it from the same place. the only real difference is how manyare collecting tolls and how often you have to pay them
    Other differences:

Government run companies are poorly run monopolies operating at net losses. (It's ok if they lose money because they are not greedy private companies. If they were efficient and made a profit, that could only mean that they are cold-hearted greedy bastards. Right? It's better to piss away hard-earned taxpayer money than operate at a profit, isn't it?)

Government run companies charge higher prices than private companies, but you don't see the money coming out of your pocket like you do when you pay a toll.

With government run organizations you don't know that your money is being spent on road building and road maintenance. You have no idea where or how well your money is spent.

When government takes your money, it has to pay for government administrators, office workers, building maintenance, and all the associated expenses in addition to the road builders and their maintenance and office workers. It acts as a middleman. It's more wasteful than private enterprise simply because it exists.

Government officials and employees are much easier to corrupt than private companies. Their deceits can go unnoticed and/or unpunished for decades. True, there are corporations that hide their cash flow, but they are scrutinized much more meticulously than similar government operations. Government waste and fraud continue on a much larger scale than anything private enterprise can achieve. For a perfect example of this, look no further than the TSA, a completely useless, wasteful, corrupt organization, which now has 50,000 employees.

(The main reasons certain companies on Wall Street got away with murder before the crash of 2008 are because Alan Greenspan and his cronies insisted that they remain completely unregulated (in direct opposition to Brooksley Born, the head of the CFTC), and because credit rating agencies mislabeled and/or misunderstood the worth of what are now called "toxic assets." This went on for at least 12 years before the crash. But these toxic assets came about as the result of actions by FNMA and FHLMC (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), two more examples of poorly run government organizations).
    Last edited by Space Racer; 07-02-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

well, you know if people on welfare had to live like you want them to, then when you went off to make your money , they would come and take what you left behind, but they might do it anyway and they probably should when it comes to some people, the greedy , for instance.

I agree on the education.

As for private enterprise. Care to explain why tolls go up on built roads?
    Concerning the folks on welfare... For someone that likes to quote Scripture: Man shall eat by the sweat of his brow... That is from Genesis after God threw Adam and Eve out of the garden for rebellion.

On the toll roads... yes tolls go up... so do maintenance costs. What I see is the toll roads are the best maintained ones in the area (most areas I have driven)... funny how that works...

Glad to hear we agree on education... I think it has become a bottomless pit of political 'favouritism spending'...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

ga-hvac-tech, how much do you think you should have to pay to keep the republic?
    Hmmm,

The fair tax folks say something in the 17-22% range would finance the current govt spending. Sound familiar?

What I would like to see is fiscal responsibility. Rather than govt spending endlessly... each reason to spend should be run through a test of what good it really does.

I have customers today... maybe this evening there will be time to debate this.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Hmmm,

The fair tax folks say something in the 17-22% range would finance the current govt spending. Sound familiar?

What I would like to see is fiscal responsibility. Rather than govt spending endlessly... each reason to spend should be run through a test of what good it really does.

I have customers today... maybe this evening there will be time to debate this.
    Percentages are not what I'm refering to. I'm talking cash,i.e. 1000.00 a year , 2000.00 year, 3000.00 year or more.

On fiscal responsibility, why has it taken you so long to propose such a thing?

Why not 8 years ago, or 16 or 24years. I'm just trying to get to what the spark that igniteed you was.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Other differences:

Government run companies are poorly run monopolies operating at net losses. (It's ok if they lose money because they are not greedy private companies. If they were efficient and made a profit, that could only mean that they are cold-hearted greedy bastards. Right? It's better to piss away hard-earned taxpayer money than operate at a profit, isn't it?)

Government run companies charge higher prices than private companies, but you don't see the money coming out of your pocket like you do when you pay a toll.

With government run organizations you don't know that your money is being spent on road building and road maintenance. You have no idea where or how well your money is spent.

When government takes your money, it has to pay for government administrators, office workers, building maintenance, and all the associated expenses in addition to the road builders and their maintenance and office workers. It acts as a middleman. It's more wasteful than private enterprise simply because it exists.

Government officials and employees are much easier to corrupt than private companies. Their deceits can go unnoticed and/or unpunished for decades. True, there are corporations that hide their cash flow, but they are scrutinized much more meticulously than similar government operations. Government waste and fraud continue on a much larger scale than anything private enterprise can achieve. For a perfect example of this, look no further than the TSA, a completely useless, wasteful, corrupt organization, which now has 50,000 employees.

(The main reasons certain companies on Wall Street got away with murder before the crash of 2008 are because Alan Greenspan and his cronies insisted that they remain completely unregulated (in direct opposition to Brooksley Born, the head of the CFTC), and because credit rating agencies mislabeled and/or misunderstood the worth of what are now called "toxic assets." This went on for at least 12 years before the crash. But these toxic assets came about as the result of actions by FNMA and FHLMC (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), two more examples of poorly run government organizations).
    So why on earth would you want to throw a middle man into the mix? Privately run business has to pay government for the right to build the road, eminent domain so to speak.

Percentages are not what I'm refering to. I'm talking cash,i.e. 1000.00 a year , 2000.00 year, 3000.00 year or more.

Why not 8 years ago, or 16 or 24years. I'm just trying to get to what the spark that igniteed you was.
    How a bout a President and his regime that have run up a bigger deficit than all the Presidents before him? How about a legislature that can't realize they have to cut spending in order to right the ship? I mean quit being so damned protective of a the Feds when they need to be taken out back of the barn and whooped!!!

Evenin' Ace,

I think I will go backwards through your comments:

The part about fiscal responsibility has been a strong point for me since I was a teen in the 1960's. Just because you did not see it or understand what I believe until now... does not mean I changed my beliefs... It only means you did not perceive my beliefs. Comes around to a classic truth most debaters (and pundits0 do not understand: The world is a lot bigger than what I can see or perceive.

HOw much tax I pay or do not pay is between my books, my acct, and the IRS. Somehow, I do not see you in that loop. Sorry... you are gonna have to get up a lot earlier to pull the wool over my eyes...

Remember Ace: I am a former Texan... It is hard to BS someone that grew up around REAL BS...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    How a bout a President and his regime that have run up a bigger deficit than all the Presidents before him? How about a legislature that can't realize they have to cut spending in order to right the ship? I mean quit being so damned protective of a the Feds when they need to be taken out back of the barn and whooped!!!
    That's weak, Half the deficit we have now was from the prior regime. The legislature is split, what could possibly be better. I'm not so protective, just trying to unsderstand why such meek people have turned into crybabies!

Evenin' Ace,

I think I will go backwards through your comments:

The part about fiscal responsibility has been a strong point for me since I was a teen in the 1960's. Just because you did not see it or understand what I believe until now... does not mean I changed my beliefs... It only means you did not perceive my beliefs. Comes around to a classic truth most debaters (and pundits0 do not understand: The world is a lot bigger than what I can see or perceive.

HOw much tax I pay or do not pay is between my books, my acct, and the IRS. Somehow, I do not see you in that loop. Sorry... you are gonna have to get up a lot earlier to pull the wool over my eyes...

Remember Ace: I am a former Texan... It is hard to BS someone that grew up around REAL BS...
    so you will not put a price on freedom?

Good evening to you also

so you will not put a price on freedom?

Good evening to you also
    Freedom is not measured in $$$ and cents... Rather it is understood and taken to heart. It becomes something one just believes in, and chooses to make a foundational view. Many true freedom fighters in the history of our country were willing to (and many did) die for what they believed in.

As I understand; they did not expect anything from government other than protection from ANY force that would take away their freedom. Further, they were wise enough in things political; to know governments always will be made of people... and those people need lots of restraints put on them to keep them honest.

IMO: if freedom is not important enough to become a foundational concept and belief... then perhaps it is not deserved???

What do you think?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast