Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    That's weak, Half the deficit we have now was from the prior regime. The legislature is split, what could possibly be better. I'm not so protective, just trying to unsderstand why such meek people have turned into crybabies!
    I think you miss the point Ace: BHO has run up more deficit than any other president in history. NO WAY around this truth.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

BTW: Ace, you have mail.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Freedom is not measured in $$$ and cents... Rather it is understood and taken to heart. It becomes something one just believes in, and chooses to make a foundational view. Many true freedom fighters in the history of our country were willing to (and many did) die for what they believed in.

As I understand; they did not expect anything from government other than protection from ANY force that would take away their freedom. Further, they were wise enough in things political; to know governments always will be made of people... and those people need lots of restraints put on them to keep them honest.

IMO: if freedom is not important enough to become a foundational concept and belief... then perhaps it is not deserved???

What do you think?
    Well, if anything, I think you gave a dog gone good answer. Better than I gave you credit for. since you seem al hung up on fiscal responsibility. Which is something I've not seen in 50 years of following politics. Which is why I asked just what event was your breaking point.

I think you miss the point Ace: BHO has run up more deficit than any other president in history. NO WAY around this truth.
    You really can not justify that when Bush fought 2 wars off the budget

BTW: Ace, you have mail.
    I saw it and responded, I almost deleted it since I did not recognize who it might be from. I have you in my contacts now.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Well, if anything, I think you gave a dog gone good answer. Better than I gave you credit for. since you seem al hung up on fiscal responsibility. Which is something I've not seen in 50 years of following politics. Which is why I asked just what event was your breaking point.
    THX Ace... One thing about debating with you... you do not try to always win at all costs... Others get boring when they will not admit to truth.

What was my turning point: When I was in high school... I saw the supposed Kent State University massacre in the news... then I read a report in an underground radically conservative (yes I said that) tabloid called 'The Spotlight'. The article explained how a group of folks called the 'Black Panthers' stole an army jeep, a 50 cal, some uniforms... then shot a bunch of kids at the university to make things look different... Then there was this atty named Hilliary Rodham who defended the Black Panthers... she was a publicly professing lesbian at the time.

It did not take me long to figure out the level of corruption in shaping (read that manipulating) public opinion for political gain. From that point on, I have not trusted ANY politician for ANY reason... until I have researched them thoroughly to see who is funding them... and what the funders want.

Now I will ask you the same question: At what point did you start supporting left leaning government?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

THX Ace... One thing about debating with you... you do not try to always win at all costs... Others get boring when they will not admit to truth.

What was my turning point: When I was in high school... I saw the supposed Kent State University massacre in the news... then I read a report in an underground radically conservative (yes I said that) tabloid called 'The Spotlight'. The article explained how a group of folks called the 'Black Panthers' stole an army jeep, a 50 cal, some uniforms... then shot a bunch of kids at the university to make things look different... Then there was this atty named Hilliary Rodham who defended the Black Panthers... she was a publicly professing lesbian at the time.

It did not take me long to figure out the level of corruption in shaping (read that manipulating) public opinion for political gain. From that point on, I have not trusted ANY politician for ANY reason... until I have researched them thoroughly to see who is funding them... and what the funders want.

Now I will ask you the same question: At what point did you start supporting left leaning government?
    Well, I don't really support left leaning governments, I just see them as not as bad as governments that SAY that are right to right of center. And I suppose I formulated that opinion in high school also, government and economics. The teacher definitely was to the left but he said one thing that has stuck in my head over time. What he said was, throughtout out history, during or after each GOP President, unemployment and soup line are sure to follow . You know, he was right.

I'm really more independent than left or right as I've voted over the years for the best candidate available, Regan, Bush 1 and Bush 2. After Bush 2 screwed us so bad and we are still paying for it anyone but palin was better than 4 more of the right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123