+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Everyone

Post Likes
    I haven't been posting as much in quite a while. It's early here and a nice, quiet morning. Thought I'd bring you up to date.

The new job is going quite well so far. I don't miss the 16-hour days of residential ebb and tide work. We get our 40 and some OT but all-in-all it's a relaxed and steady pace. I seem to be getting along with everyone so far and am comfortable with the level of work we do.

This last week was interesting. Worked on mostly PM stuff. Serviced lots of unit heaters anf ound lots of bad heat exchangers. Also serviced two old Carrier RTU's (48DP012) and found bad tubes in both of those also. I lok forward to replacing the unit heaters, a bit less forward to the Carriers. Can't all be cake, can it?

My Ford E350 runs nice and the A/C works well. It does become a beast when towing our scissor lift around. Sucks down the gas, too. Here in the Chicago area we're into fall temperatures so the A/C will be an economizer now (window).

Spent some quality time on the roof yesterday. 5 hours of learning the intricacies of Rapid direct-fired units. BIG ones, too. 3,000,000 BTU's and up. The service manager is showing me how to do the controls tune-up. Quite a bit of detailed work and very interesting. Calibrating the sensors and regulators is good, thinking work. The mechanical side has its own perks,like drilling out 300 burner rack orifices or coming out looking like a grease rag after lubing up everything. The blower wheels, up to 72" diameter, have 2 15/16 shafts and to replace the bearings is no small feat.

The home life goes on as well. Bills are still a constant worry and I try not to let them bother me. At least we can see some light ahead so maybe we're gettin to the end of that tunnel. The wife is doing well.

All my automotive projects are complete and the convertable is nested in the garage for the winter. I may get an underdrive pulley for it and do that sometime while the snow is flying but won't test it until the first thaw. I have some side skirts from Diza that I got a good deal on but they need painted before I install them. They're purple and would look kinda gay on a teal car.

I'll try to post more often to reveal my particular insights and witticisms. Hell, I may even have something constructive to contribute occassionally.

R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Originally posted by otto
    My Ford E350 runs nice
    That's an oxymoron.

Glad to hear it's all going good.

Post Likes
    It's a 1999. Extended body. Got a brand new engine in it coutesey of Firestone not refilling the oil after a routine oil change. Someday when all the bills are paid up I might get Sirius or XM radio. For now the stock box will have to do.
    R2B4BTU

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Hi Otto,

Glad to see you are still around and like the job still!

Start posting man.
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    now for the important question..........

did they ever finish re-surfacing your street?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by otto
    It's a 1999. Extended body. Got a brand new engine in it coutesey of Firestone not refilling the oil after a routine oil change. Someday when all the bills are paid up I might get Sirius or XM radio. For now the stock box will have to do.
    I often wondered if someone ever forgot to put oil back in after a change I guess that guy got fired.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in