+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cool quiz marking

Post Likes

Wink cool quiz marking

Today was a question re:who was the babt ruth cany bar named for?

My answer was President Grover Clevelands daughter.This was marked wrong as the site had my answer shown as the same with the exception of having {x3}/// between the d and s in Clevelands.Went back to check selection and nothing that showed that at all.
    Obviously not earth shattering ,but I,ve had correct answers marked wrong a few times before.Can any answer be given?

P.S. Be careful as I may alter your answer differently than you have shown.

Post Likes
    it's not the first time nor will it be the last time you encounter that

6 yrs and this is the first time you've seen that..........you are fortunate
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Cool Cwiz is rather a peculiar relic of HVAC-Talk. It's was written by the our founder, Don Sleeth, and assuredly it contains numerous errors and glitches...many of which I believe were hacks.

We, the Cool Cwiz regulars, have become quite used to its shortcomings and find it challenging and rewarding to get through a week without running into one of them.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replies gents.Now that I,m aware,won't beat the bejeezus out of the pc with a feather hammer anymore.

Post Likes
    And I thought I was just dumb. Makes me feel better. Lol.

Post Likes
    What about marking answer within the 90 second limit and the program is saying you are too late, answer must be marked within 90 seconds after loading this page. this happened to me twice so far.

Post Likes
    just thought this fit in here....................
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iszell View Post
    What about marking answer within the 90 second limit and the program is saying you are too late, answer must be marked within 90 seconds after loading this page. this happened to me twice so far.
    I got a 0 for 3 twice in the past few days due to that timeout thing too.

I believe it has something to do with our site upgrade process. Our IT guy has been tweaking stuff behind the scenes getting us ready to leap into vBulletin 4.1.8.

I have noticed a couple of things concerning Cool Cwiz lately...one of which was the timeout problem, but the other being a missing image was replaced...then the other images disappearing.

I think we may have to be patient while Graham completes his tasks.

Post Likes
    I just got done investigating a problem with some posts within threads displaying out of order. Without getting too technical, as part of the upgrade this site has gone from using a single webserver to serve the pages to two. When you visit the site each page you see could have come from either of those servers.

What I found was that the time on one of the servers was 5 mins different to the other. I believe this is what was causing the out of order posts issue and I have corrected the problem, this may also fix the timeout issue you've been experiencing with the quiz.

Graham

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in