on tuesday i had a fire in my garage. we have dirt bikes cans of gas and all of the usual things that go along with motocross. my 16 yr old son called me at work . when he got home he opened the door and the house was black with soot and he found our dog "thunder " dead in the living room. a black lab mix we rescued from the pound. and by the way my best friend. he died hard by evidence of the comotion he caused in the house. the first time he ever **** on the carpet in 12 years.
right now my son and i are living in a hotel room. the house looks as if someone went in with a can of black paint and sprayed everything black. i couldn't find one thing that wasn't covered with black soot. not even a sock or a fork.
lucky for us the fire burned itself out due to lack of oxygen and 1940's plaster construction. no structual damage to the house. but i would of traded the house for my dog. he was the best.
the point of this post is don't think it can't happen to you. keep all flamables in the shed and do not store cans of paint,gas ,propane ox,whatever in your home.
sorry to be a bummer but it is amazing how your life can be changed in a instant. do not let it happen to you.