Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    on tuesday i had a fire in my garage. we have dirt bikes cans of gas and all of the usual things that go along with motocross. my 16 yr old son called me at work . when he got home he opened the door and the house was black with soot and he found our dog "thunder " dead in the living room. a black lab mix we rescued from the pound. and by the way my best friend. he died hard by evidence of the comotion he caused in the house. the first time he ever **** on the carpet in 12 years.

right now my son and i are living in a hotel room. the house looks as if someone went in with a can of black paint and sprayed everything black. i couldn't find one thing that wasn't covered with black soot. not even a sock or a fork.

lucky for us the fire burned itself out due to lack of oxygen and 1940's plaster construction. no structual damage to the house. but i would of traded the house for my dog. he was the best.

the point of this post is don't think it can't happen to you. keep all flamables in the shed and do not store cans of paint,gas ,propane ox,whatever in your home.

sorry to be a bummer but it is amazing how your life can be changed in a instant. do not let it happen to you.

To bad about losing your friend.I cried like a baby when I lost them over the yaers.I am truely sorry.
    Take your time & do it right!

sorry man I dont know what else to say
    duc

Sorry to hear about your dog. The house you can repair, unfortunatly the dog you cant. Best of luck in dealing with yout insurance co.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Sorry to hear. It sucks to lose everything like that, but thank God you still got each other.

Damn, that's tough. Sorry for your loss. Poor pup.....
    R2B4BTU

thanks for the kind words. and remember to take a look around the garage and basement for a potential problem

We have an attached garage. I moved the lawnmower gas can out to the shed with the lawn mower after reading this.
    R2B4BTU

Sorry for your losing your dog man that is tough and to know he died in a hard way too is also tough

www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

I am also going to move my gas cans after hearing of your unfortunate loss.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Originally posted by markwolf
    To bad about losing your friend.I cried like a baby when I lost them over the yaers.I am truely sorry.
    I can watch TV and see the pictures of people being blown to bits and feel nothing much, but man dead animals really knock me out.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

Just another thought for the flamible containers would be a fire cabinet in your garage/shop.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but it sure sounds like some good is coming of this by making other people more aware.

I bought one of those large yellow fire boxes from Hughes Supply. Set me back close to $450 but I can keep quite a bit of flamables in it without worrying about a fire. When close it is air tight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast