I'm from Atlanta, GA and have a ~20 year gas furnace that is still chugging along but is less than efficient. I also have an old AC unit that needs a charge every season. With gas prices on the rise I am thinking now is the time to update our HVAC. I have a good friend who has been in the HVAC business for years and can offer me either a Westinghouse or Trane Dual Fuel Heat Pumps. He is having problems with Trane on his personal system and is a bit leery of stating any significant advantages of Trane over Westinghouse.

Since our AC pad is directly off our patio (and for the added comfort level)I am leaning towards a two stage system.

With that being said I would greatly appreciate your all's opinions between the top of the line Westinghouse HP (15+ SEER Heat Pump Model #FT4BF)and a Trane XL series HP.

I don’t like a company who specializes in A/C’s for double wides/ double axles/ triple axle/ or triple wides.

Who said anything about a mobile home. there is nothing wrong with living in a mobile, if you were not so over priced you might not feel so bad about living in one

No Double Wide here...and I agree nothing wrong if it were.

It's a brick ranch 1600 sq ft on the main floor with 800 sq ft basement. The house was built in 1967.

[Edited by wadeatl on 10-07-2005 at 11:19 PM]

Nordyne is just leasing the Westinghouse name for marketing purposes.

Go look at the actual performance specifications and you will see why it is not a good choice.

Lastly, here is one word to describe why mobile homes are the worst investment you could ever make in your life:

DEPRECIATION

The Nordyne product uses the Copeland Ultra compressor, just like Lennox, Amana etc. Who cares of they lease the name. If the dealer does a great job of installing, it will be a wonderful system.

I've heard of problems with the XL19i heat pumps and some bugs in the 16i as well. The single speed units have been great, we've installed many, I much prefer the scroll to the recip. Most XLi single stage units will be scroll except the small ones.

if a system has a problem it will be a problem till its fixed. trane is better equipment than westinghouse but tranes coils are hard to clean and i personally think carriers perfromance series systems are the best going.
    but if i were you i would stick to trane,carrier or lennox and forget about the rest.

Originally posted by madeinusa
    Nordyne is just leasing the Westinghouse name for marketing purposes.

Go look at the actual performance specifications and you will see why it is not a good choice.

Lastly, here is one word to describe why mobile homes are the worst investment you could ever make in your life:

DEPRECIATION
    Could say the same about automobiles.

True, there have been problems with the 19i but I think Trane has taken care of them. Thank God. The re-plumbing of the C/U was a pain!
    WHY?

We sell Westinghouse 15+ SEER 410a HPs all the time. I have one on my house for 1.5 yrs now. I've had 0 problems with my installs or my system. Its far quieter than the 10 SEER Lennox we replaced on my house.