Interenting article on Government Debt

I can see the GOP not wanting Seniors to get their SS checks and Medicare and Medicaide beneficiaries would suffer also.

It's the fact that Defense Spending would see cuts and the Soldiers fighting overseas and the other members of the Armed Forces not in combat would also not get paid. The Va would have to suspend treating Retired soldiers.

I just don't understand the logic,where as, I hate these programs so much , I'm willing to undermine those I cherish just to see the Change.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75R1GD20110628
    Last edited by acmanko; 06-30-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling police

What we need is a strict adherence to the Constitution so that the debts of the US "cannot be questioned" this will please all the tea baggers because its in the Constitution and the Congress doesn't have to waste their time rubber stamping the increase since it would be unconstitutional to not pay the duly owed debts of the nation. 14th amendment section 4
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    What we need is a strict adherence to the Constitution so that the debts of the US "cannot be questioned" this will please all the tea baggers because its in the Constitution and the Congress doesn't have to waste their time rubber stamping the increase since it would be unconstitutional to not pay the duly owed debts of the nation. 14th amendment section 4
    If that was so, there would be no dept in the first place, for we would have real currency and no IOU banknotes and no interest paid to a bunch of B(G)angsters

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"