Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Re: Thorton

Originally posted by bornriding
    There are many reasons why a TXV could fail within 3 years and plugged with scale from brazing would be on the bottom of a long list.
    You are so wrong.

Originally posted by beenthere
    Never seen or heard of a unit blowing up because nitrogen wasn't used during brazing.

Seen black oil because of it.
    When acid forms and causes leaks and the compressor cooks from high SH from running dry , or the compressor shorts out from acid eating away the insulation on the windings, what do you call it?

Originally posted by hvac_czar
    Originally posted by madeinusa
    when it blows up from acid in 5 years.

the improper joints they made have hydrofluoric acid at the joints.

Please fill me in on how brazing without Nitrogen creates acid in the system or joints.
    Copper oxide is formed from not using nitrogen, and when mixed with the refrigerant creates the acids.

Originally posted by thorton
    If the contractor or tech does not use nitrogen while brazing, would the meter device become clogged immediately or would it take some time before it becomes clogged?
    It would most likely happen quickly. If your TXV went bad from poor installation practice then it would more likely be from overheating the TXV while brazing. It's just a wild guess. But I could envision a scenario where some mild damage was done that took a few years to finally fail all together.

Robo..... where are you. I thought you might want to jump in here and show what Madeinusa had to say about How well trained the Trane guys are and how they follow precedures to do the installs right and that only Goodman sells to Hacks. Just have to look at the...... are Trane technitions... post. Kinda tells the truth in another post where madeinusa claims he loves to bash all brands. I get a kick out of homeowners in here listening to advice from someone like that. I really dont know how to put in a link to some of madeinusa's posts so I wish someone would to show how he's just out to trash anyone. Ok madeinusa....you can trash me now for showing how your just into bashing......like I need to point it out to everyone lol.

Never seen or heard of a unit blowing up because nitrogen wasn't used during brazing.

When acid forms and causes leaks and the compressor cooks from high SH from running dry , or the compressor shorts out from acid eating away the insulation on the windings, what do you call it?
    Sorry about the mistake on the ash.

OK, a nitrogen purge is not going to guarantee a trouble free install by virtue of it self alone. A fuseite will blow out before acid could cause a leak in the copper.

You have to consider the service it recieves after also.

How about a customer who religously gets their unit checked every summer but the tech does not purge his guages of the garbage he picked up on his last service call
    that could very well have been a burn out.

How about if the HO never has it serviced and the condeser plugs up and over heats..acid again.

How about a condenser fan motor that went too long unrepaired? Acid again.

Nitrogen is the last thing on my mind when I do an install.

Making sure that unit has a filter drier, has been leak checked and evacuated is.

Then comes educating the HO on the importance of yearly maintenance which a lot completely ignore after you leave.

More units fail due to customer negligence, in my expierence, than from not using a nitrogen purge.

Originally posted by dec
    Kinda tells the truth in another post where madeinusa claims he loves to bash all brands. I get a kick out of homeowners in here listening to advice from someone like that. I really dont know how to put in a link to some of madeinusa's posts so I wish someone would to show how he's just out to trash anyone. Ok madeinusa....you can trash me now for showing how your just into bashing......like I need to point it out to everyone lol.
    I don't need to trash you. You did a good job of making a fool out of yourself without my help. We are talking about quality of installation here, not brand quality.

I have never trashed a particular brand in here. I have stated they all suck, just like the cars that are made today and several other items we purchase.

It's Friday night, you must like posting while drunk. Go on, I am getting a good laugh watching you.

[Edited by madeinusa on 10-07-2005 at 08:14 PM]

Originally posted by curry
    I guess this about sums up what quality of service you give a customer.

LOL...

I don't call it a unit blowing up.

But yes it is a BLOWN compressor.

But your post made it sound like the unit was going to blow up like a bomb.

To Born: I thought ALL manufacturers required nitrogen, or other inert gas to be purged when brazing r410a systems!

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by curry
    I guess this about sums up what quality of service you give a customer.
    So you are saying that any body who does not use Nitrogen is providing sub par service?

You know, I am not going to pursue this with you because you are obviously looking for an argument. Why don't you go into one of the pro forums and just post you want an argument.

I am sure Roboteq or one of our other more stellar and prominant members would be glad to take you up on it just to make you happy.
    But I think when it's all said and done I think you may find out you're sorry you asked for it.

Have agood night madeinusa.

i've been involved with new construction for years and never seen anyone actually use nitro while brazing. if brazing were so important and your system was going to blow up in 5 years then new homes all over would be getting new units regularly

Originally posted by goodtimehvac
    i've been involved with new construction for years...
    Interesting basis for your argument. Instead of citing experience in service on older equipment where you actually see the problems, you cite experience in installation where the problems are first created. Too funny.

In any event, experience is irrelevant to the validity of an argument. That one doesn't perceive a problem is also irrelevant. Refrigeration 101 says there is one, period. Foreign material in the piping is not a good thing. It's the end of the world either. But for that other poster to suggest superior service includes scale in the lines is laughable.

[Edited by Irascible on 10-07-2005 at 09:46 PM]

An oxidized flake or flakes during brazing may get lodged in a metering devise but more than likely get lost in the system and never pose any problem at all. I'd bet on the latter of the 2. Madeinusa. Not everyone uses the same practices you do yet they are tallented and successful in this trade. Nitrogen brazing is 1 method that is accepted by the industry but truth be known its not a widely used method.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast