Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    There was a time when Goodman Furnaces were having more problems then athers. Now with their new line of furnaces, Goodman states that those troubles are over and they stand behind the product with their 10 year warranty. Looking for someone to help me out here with this model furnace and their 13 SEER A/C

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    "Help you out" how??

Goodman

Help me out means I am looking for someone who will not bad mouthsome companies just because they sell big names like carrier/bryant etc. I am looking for some unbiased advise regarding the quality of the new Goodman GMV90704CXA furnace and theis 13 SEER A/C systrem

Paging Dr RoBo
    Paging Dr RoBo
    Paging Dr RoBo

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Okay ,strange way to put it.

I have nothing to say,at this point!LOL!

Originally posted by dave thompson
    I am looking for some unbiased advise regarding the quality of the new Goodman GMV90704CXA furnace and theis 13 SEER A/C systrem
    The only truly unbiased people live six feet under.

I haven't installed that particular furnace. But I have installed Goodman furnaces and air conditioners in addtion to other brands. It is a fact that some OEM's like Trane make a cabinet that is a bit sturdier and a fraction prettier. But that's the extent of their advantage in my opinion. I have been thoroughly pleased with the improvements they've made and would just as soon install a Goodman as I would a Trane. I sell both only because some people are willing to pay extra for a name brand and a nice finish. God bless them. I'm more than happy to oblige.

But... In case you haven't heard it's the contractor that matters ten times more than the brand you choose. Check the wall of shame forum to see why. Read the third link in my sig. Check the first link for a partial list of installation procedures. This thread is a recent example of what happens when installs are done wrong.

Maybe this will help you out.

This quote came from a Goodman employee who works with all of their contractors everyday.

“Thousands upon thousands of Goodman furnaces are installed by some not so great installers”

Now, do you really want a Goodman brand?

[Edited by madeinusa on 10-07-2005 at 04:48 PM]

heres help, goodman is the cheapest equipment you can buy,
    we repair more goodmans than any other brand. just because it has a better warranty remember you still have to pay labor every time it breaks down after the first year. and youll be installing a new system within 10 or 12 years.

Originally posted by airworx
    heres help, goodman is the cheapest equipment you can buy,
    we repair more goodmans than any other brand. just because it has a better warranty remember you still have to pay labor every time it breaks down after the first year. and youll be installing a new system within 10 or 12 years.
    Well okay, but my Goodmans were installed by me and my wife with some help from a co-worker in 1992. One is a propane gas furnace with a heat pump outdoor unit and the other is a straight heat pump. I had a drain problem with the upstairs unit and I had to replace that blame fan relay a few years back on it too. I think I had one drain problem with the downstairs too. Now given, the outdoor units have lost some of their paint, but I'll have no problem setting two more Goodmans there when they do finally die. I work for a Trane dealer that sells Carrier and York and anything else the customer wants too, so I get to see them all.

Bobby

Goodman is the greatest thing since sliced bread and thongs....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

we have handled the goodman/amana line for approx 6 months and have had ZERO problems the 2 stage variable they have now is every bit as good as trane which we handled for 10 years

Actually I am somewhat impressed with the newer goodmans. Although the cabinet is light compared to Trane or Carrier. Helps with the carpal tunnal though

Installed our first 2 Stage VS Goodman today. It is actually quieter than the last 2 Stage VS Carrier that I put in.

Don't know about long term yet. Though, you can't beat the price that is for sure.

It is just like everyone says, it is not the equipment so much as the installer. You get a quality installer, that will do it right, do the proper start up, there is really no reason that it should not last.

Of all the Goodman failures I have seen in the past. The majority have been due to installer error.

Go with the goodman, just cause its cheap don't mean it will not work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast