Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Canada's metric system is kinda funny. When the government is involved we use metric, speed limits, weights and measures of consumable goods, health dept. temp. measurements, etc. We hear our weather forecasts in celsius but fridge techs will use fahrenheit to describe temp. measurements, blue prints for new construction are usually in standard (1/8= 1') or similar, they tried the metric version back in the 80's but I don't see much now, unless it is a government contract.

My neighbor took his supercharged Viper south to Montana the other weekend though, they have some wide open speed limits down there.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Originally posted by Collin
    I was on a road trip last week and just for fun I hit 170.
    Uphill.
    Route 170 is half uphill and half downhill...

Driving 55 doesn't make me feel good. Driving 80 does make me feel good. So I'll drive 80.

You wanna drive 55? I give you leave. Just do it on the back roads and stay off of the I.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

When Canada adopted a metric system?
    For USA this system is like a soccer. We’ll never
    catch up with rest of the world

There's no incentive for me to break the speed limit. I get paid by the hour and the company will not pay for a ticket. Although, I do admit, it's nuts to do 55 and have hyper-hurry ash holes tailgating you. I just stay in the right lane and take my time.
    R2B4BTU

Just thinking

With the camper on I weigh just over 6 tons.
    I keep it down to 110 kph.

If you want to drive 55,that's fine. Just get the hell out of the passing lane(that's the left lane for all those wondering), and whatever you do don't drive side by side for miles on end. You create roadrage and should have your license removed and be forced to ride the bus or walk.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

u old people use to save a lot by using horse and bugges too, but that is not going to happen. it's the 20th centery, stop living itn the past.

Originally posted by anonymous
    u old people use to save a lot by using horse and bugges too, but that is not going to happen. it's the 20th centery, stop living itn the past.
    It's the 21st century so why don't YOU stop living in the past!
    R2B4BTU

Originally posted by Nevada

No one else wants to touch the subject so I will. Several years ago when there was a "gas shortage" the decision was made to limit the maximum speed nationwide to 55 mph. This saved gas and lives. Now we have gas gosling MPV’s, fewer car pools, and fast speed limits. No one wants to make the decision to slow down to a more gas conserving speed. Instead other methods are implemented such as closing schools and dipping into the war reserve so that the voting public can maintain the style of driving they are accustomed to. It would be a very unpopular decision and political suicide for anyone to say, “Slow down!”
    I'm just a young buck, but I don't like going over about 45 anyways. Especially during hunting season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12