I'm a homeowner in South Florida with no HVAC knowledge.
    I have a Rheem RALB-036-JAZ unit outdoors and would like to know why, in the last couple of months, it isn't cycling along with the indoor air handler sometimes. The problem seems to be getting worse, staying off for almost an hour. There are periods when things are fine, though. I'll call a tech, but would like a little knowledge if possible. Thanks in advance.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Could be several different things,most likely is low on refrigerent and going off on the pressure switch.

It could also be your condensate float switch is shutting off your condensor because your condensate drain is partially clogged.

I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Could be overheating and going off on internal switch.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Thanks, folks!

Could be a condenser fan motor causing a H.P. failure.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

The serviceman took out the time delay in the condenser unit a couple of days ago, and so far everything's OK. He said there was no need for it since the thermostat takes care of the delay. Does that sound right?