Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Found the housing (plastic) that holds the air flapper distorted, melted. The area where the 6 small bolts hold the flapper assy to the heat Exchanger. Never seen this, but I remember hearing something on this. Any reasons why this may have melted a little?

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

because it was an ooops Dave instead of an atta boy. all it takes is a dirty filter with the blower being timed off. replacement housing has a high temperature insert, have not had problem repeat.

Pull the blower and make sure the secondary heat exchanger is clean while you're at it.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Wow, them things are still out there?....

serviced 2 on monday,
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

t57 is right on with this one
    while you are there clean the blower wheel and the secondary heatexchange. also check the gas pressure over fire will also cause this. should be 2 in wc or clock the meter to make sure

was told by regional service rep years ago clocking meter was only way to check. have also seen these things melt off and after getting new one on there every thing was perfect.

i just did fall service on one today, flapper and pressure test. still have lots of them around. only have 2 that i can think of that pulse was taken out after they ran out of heat exchangers. i really liked these heaters due to the fact not many guys around here could figure them out. just hated that they were so damn heavy to install.

[Edited by t527ed on 10-05-2005 at 09:25 PM]

personly i have and still think the pulse furnace was the best furnace ever made. my opinion only. i have come across a few housings starting to melt or turn burn and replaced them with no more problems. it is also good idea to check the orfice every few years have seen a few get pitted up

I'm a fan of the Pulse furnace also. However, what irritates me is that you can no longer purchase a simple air flapper diaphragm. You have to buy the tune-up kit at a price of like xxx.xx? That's nuts! I have one customer with 3 G21's in his home.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    I'm a fan of the Pulse furnace also. However, what irritates me is that you can no longer purchase a simple air flapper diaphragm. You have to buy the tune-up kit at a price of like xxx.xx? That's nuts! I have one customer with 3 G21's in his home.
    The diaphragm material or the complete holder?
    If just the diaphragm material view my profile and write me may have a source for you.

Know you can't get the gas flapper individually anymore that you have to buy the tuneup kit.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

air flapper material still listed as a ten pack

Originally posted by MechAcc
    Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    The diaphragm material or the complete holder?
    If just the diaphragm material view my profile and write me may have a source for you.

Know you can't get the gas flapper individually anymore that you have to buy the tuneup kit.
    Not sure why I said air flapper. It was the gas flapper that I had tried to order and was told I'd have to buy the tuneup kit. I have plenty of air diaphragms. The tuneup kit just seems rediculously expensive even though I understand why they are packaging it that way. Am I being unreasonable?

Sorry for hijacking your thread Chad.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

No. Someone from Lennox should explain reasoning.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast