Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah something definitely doesn't add up regarding the 7 degree difference with no flow, but it still seems like an undersized loop. You EWT is shooting up almost instantly.

I calculated my loop to contain about 100 gallons of fluid and my flowrate is around 10 gpm. So at a minimum I get 10 minutes of the same EWT before it starts changing. You're seeing a 4 degree increase in 4 minutes. That's not right.

crash11 He don't have a loop like ours, he has a lake plate so he may only have 20 gallons to recycle. The in and out temperature would be the same if the system was not running for 14 hours but that would have changed in 5 seconds after the compressor cut on. He may have looked at the temperature just after the compressor kicked on or he has a bad probe but he said he switched it, I just don't know any other way to explain it. If a system is off it can't heat water!
    It looks to me like quailtrail has a system that while it may not be efficient for 3 or 4 months it is able to keep his house cool and the rest of the year it will do a great job. If this is true I would leave it as it is. I don't think the cost of the wells would ever be made up by the energy savings. Curtis

Thanks for all the comments. I am looking at adding 800' of tubing downstream of the lakeplate for additional surface area. The well dead is dead. It would not have a good payoff if it cut my electrical bill to zero.

quailtrail I think you are on the right track but with 90 degree temperature in that lake you may not get more than 2 to 5 degrees at best which won't change your power bill very much. One more thing that could hurt is the depth of your return line if say it is only 4 feet deep with a lake temp that high your ground temp may be 90 also. I would love to know how it works out. Best of luck, Curtis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12