blower constantly running
    I have a janitrol furnace with central air. The blower will not shut off. I disconnected the thermostat wiring in the furnace and the blower kept running. with the power on the only way the blower shuts off is to pull the wires off the gas vavle and main limit switch. wondering if control board is bad

Call your local service company and have them check it out. Winter is coming and its time for a check up anyway.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

When you call the A/C pro's, ask if you have a secondary filter. What filter? Where is that? The one that burns like a dead Christmas tree.

jcolejr

Probably a bad BTD relay - as others have mentioned - best to call tech to be sure ( there are other possibilities )

Hope this helps,
    Richard

So you just started yanking wires off till it shut down?

I bet it's the washer valve in the reostat causing the problem. You need a new furnace.

Hey let's just hogtie em and whip his a&& ?

He just asked what the problem could be, he didn't say he was going to fix it himself, sounded to me like he just wanted the fan off, possibly till he could get a company out.

He's in the wrong area Eddie. we're allowed to mess with him in here.

He could just leave it run till a tech could look at it, why tear it apart?

MAtt if heis in the wrong area, someone should have told him that , no need for us to tell each other he's in the wrong area we already know it. We needed to point him to Residential,but we chose to castrate him. JMO

Well everone else gave him guidence and I screwed with him. Big deal, it aint like I chewed the guy out.

If he can't take a joke too bad.

ok, I didn't realize that you were joking, my bad.

Gruvn, dont try to be sir lancolot. The thread was fine until you threw in the jonny cochren babble. An individual that starts moving wires around in their furnace without knowledge is dangerous. Dont be part of the problem, be part of the solution. Use your head, not your heart.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton