Innocent gun control laws

when talking about the Constitution assuring state's rights , James Madison gave this example...

It is an established doctrine on the subject of treaties, that all the articles are mutually conditions of each other; that a breach of any one article is a breach of the whole treaty; ...
    in other words, when our anti-gun friends talk about gun control, especially on a Federal level (there are currently federal gun laws), they're talking about dissolving ALL your rights, 'freedom of speech' , 'freedom of religion' ect.

the only legal way to change the Constitution is with an amendment.
    no matter how they want to color it, it's treason of the highest sense, plain and simple.

The Bill of Rights have withstood over 200 years without change. I don't even know if anyone could change them. There could be an amendment to revoke the 2nd amendment, but the party that passed it would be signing their own death warrant as it would likely result in riots or revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The Bill of Rights have withstood over 200 years without change. I don't even know if anyone could change them. There could be an amendment to revoke the 2nd amendment, but the party that passed it would be signing their own death warrant as it would likely result in riots or revolt.
    Hasn't there been 17 ammendments to the orginal 10?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Hasn't there been 17 ammendments to the orginal 10?
    Yes but none of the Original 10, known as the Bill of Rights, have been amended.

The amendment that brought on Prohibition was amended right out of the Constitution

The worst ammendment so far is # 16.
    "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration." (30 words.)

That is the entire ammendment. Income tax rules and regulations are complex beyond all reason (by design).
    The non-partisan Tax Foundation reports that the entire tax code with regulations in 2005 was over 9,097,000 words. To put that in perspective, the Bible has 774,746 words. The code has grown in length between 1995 and 2005 by 18.9 percent. The directions for filing a typical form 1040 totals 161 pages. The "EZ" version is 41 pages.
    http://www.freedomworks.org/scrapthecode/topten.php
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

the 14th Amendment, removing state's rights to secede was a doosey too

Back to the topic: Guns might be a better investment than gold.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

you could make more gold easier with a gun than with some gold and earning interest.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

IMO the real question is: Do we as a nation believe the Constitution is worth upholding... or have we gotten to an arrogant point of thinking we can just legislate reality...

IMO the founding fathers were and still are a lot smarter than the current crop of polcats.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.