Thread: 95% tax credit

What furnaces out there qualify for the $150-$200 tax credits set for 2006 and 2007?

The criteria is that the furnace must be rated at 95% efficiency for $150 tax credit. If the furnace also has a variable speed blower the tax credit is $200.

It certainly should be a nice sales pitch to tell customers that they can knock $150-$200 off of their taxes.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I was told there are currently only five models four of which are Amana. The other one is another brand don't know which only the 40,000 BTU model.

It's probably the Carrier 58MVP040, a 40k input unit at 96% efficiency. That specific model is physically huge, though, so it won't be usable in a lot of the applications where such a small output unit makes sense.

Amana has had up to 96% furnaces for years, so that was a shoe-in.

Goodman now has 8 models rated at 95%, which, being that they are basically Amana furnaces all that needed to be done was to rate them with ARI and write up the literature.

The 95% Goodman series are GMS95****** for single stage, multi-speed blowers and GMV95***** for two stage, variable speed blowers.

I was just wondering what the competition had in this arena.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Is 95% still the standard for the credit? I thought it was $150 for any 90+% and additional for 95+%

Which Amana and Goodman models? I've only seen the 2S/VS at 95% - Bryant/Carrier has the 96.6% in the 40k...not sure what it rates at higher levels
    Eager to learn, willing to teach, reluctant to admit defeat.