Confused Water in the vents

Needing some advice on how or why Ive got water running out of the base of heat system located in the basement when I turn the ac on. AC unit is located seperatly outside tho both are connected through vent system. Can hear water running down heater vent pipe but pipe has mushroom cap. Been having record number of tornadoes, straight winds and rain.

You need someone to come out and check you condensate drain.

Call a service company in your area.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

no idea. did they run the AC's condensate into the furnace's exhaust system for some reason? Doesnt sound very kosher if so.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampedinMissouri View Post
    Needing some advice on how or why Ive got water running out of the base of heat system located in the basement when I turn the ac on. AC unit is located seperatly outside tho both are connected through vent system. Can hear water running down heater vent pipe but pipe has mushroom cap. Been having record number of tornadoes, straight winds and rain.
    you have a plugged a/c drain. Call a pro to have the drain checked.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Thanks to all that responded. With 3 different pro's booked up for the rest of the week, I at least know where to research the problem and attempt to clear the clog myself if possible.