Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guess what Coolwhip is getting?

In the very near future I will be getting a green 1969 Plymouth GTX 440. Beautiful shape, all original....like it just rolled off the factory floor. Its in Minnesota and will be making its way to Michigan soon.

Woohoo!
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ch&um=1&itbs=1
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Can you say "lead additive to the gas tank" over and over! Cool, very fast car. Just don't try to take any high speed turns. Friend of mine had the 1968 Plymouth street rod version...can't remember what they were called back then...very fast off the line if you could keep the tires from spinning. But go to take a turn and hold on!

Think they were called "Roadrunner"
    Last edited by DeltaT; 06-27-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Nice ride...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Can you say "lead additive to the gas tank" over and over!
    That's true if the heads haven't had hardened valve seats installed yet.

Sign petition to limit Congressional and Senatorial terms. http://www.termlimits.org/

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."--Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrk8r View Post
    That's true if the heads haven't had hardened valve seats installed yet.
    Don't know what you mean. The lead in the gas was used to mainly lubricate the valve stems as I remember. Nothing to do with the seats that I'm aware of.

So what do you mean?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I had a '69 GTX 15 years back. Arizona car, spotless. 440 six pack with 4sp and 3.90 rear. Real fast for such a heavy car. Sold it to an 18 year old rich kid. Totaled it in 6 days
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Hmmm, I was gonna say a 20 kilo bar of gold...

IMO gold market is soft for a while... may not recover much if BHO continues to fall in the poles.

Nice ride... however I wonder if you will be able to find gas of a high enough octane to run the engine flat out. Might end up doing some 're-tuning' (read that down tuning) to keep it from pinging/knocking.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Don't know what you mean. The lead in the gas was used to mainly lubricate the valve stems as I remember. Nothing to do with the seats that I'm aware of.

So what do you mean?
    The lead cushioned the valve seat. Late '60s and early '70s cars had notoriously soft head castings, which wasn't a problem until lead was taken out of gasoline. Valve seat erosion is common in engines that don't have hardened valve seats installed and are run hard, especially around the center exhaust valves.

In all honesty, if the engine isn't going to be seeing high RPM runs there is probably no need for concern.

Sign petition to limit Congressional and Senatorial terms. http://www.termlimits.org/

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."--Martin Luther King Jr.

Biz must be REAL good

The wifes uncle passed away and this is one of 26 classic cars he owned. He purchased it in 69 from a dealership and was an excellent mechanic, his cars were his life. He was never married or had any children. He lived in a loft above the pole barns that housed his cars. Every car he owned runs topps, no bondo... all factory parts.
    There are 4 that are in the process of restoration.

Some others include a 56 chevy, 57 chevy, 69 Javelin, 66 Galaxy convertible, 1950s Ford truck, Model A with a rumble seat, Model A truck?, etc.

Old glass globe gas pumps as well as 2 Cushman Eagles, one from the late 50s? and one from the early 60s with the gas tank in the middle.

Uncle Stan drove a big bus for 47 years and fought in the Korean war. RIP
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    The wifes uncle passed away and this is one of 26 classic cars he owned. He purchased it in 69 from a dealership and was an excellent mechanic, his cars were his life. He was never married or had any children. He lived in a loft above the pole barns that housed his cars. Every car he owned runs topps, no bondo... all factory parts.
    There are 4 that are in the process of restoration.

Some others include a 56 chevy, 57 chevy, 69 Javelin, 66 Galaxy convertible, 1950s Ford truck, Model A with a rumble seat, Model A truck?, etc.

Old glass globe gas pumps as well as 2 Cushman Eagles, one from the late 50s? and one from the early 60s with the gas tank in the middle.

Uncle Stan drove a big bus for 47 years and fought in the Korean war. RIP
    Had one of those when I was a kid with a paper-route... a Silver Eagle. Nice bike for the times... Like many other vehicles I had... wish I had kept it... wold be worth a lot of $$$ now.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I'll take the Javelin if knowbody claims it.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast