+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY Conversion Chest Freezer To Chiller Project

Post Likes

DIY Conversion Chest Freezer To Chiller Project

I am an inventor that has a fairly extensive background in HVAC and want to build a Chiller Reservoir System.
    The goal is to achieve the same results as the manufacturer requests on a device, 1/4 HP minimum.
    Now if I buy a 14 Cubic Foot Freezer and fill it with water, pump the supply via an external supply pump, keep the run short etc I would Tend to Believe that it would handle the load.
    I am not good at load calculations...

I am also toying with an old water cooler or an old mug cooler or other commercial equipment. Problem is that I MUST discharge the BTUs outside of the building so air cooled is an issue

ANY IDEAS?

Post Likes
    You didn't tell us what your load is (how many BTUs) so there is no way we can answer your question. Using a chest freezer as a chiller as you described won't work.

Why don't you just buy a small chiller instead of trying to reinvent the wheel?

Post Likes

Problem with chiller carrier

I have a 19xl chiller carrier sharing load with another one, when is alone don't make surge and when is sharing load and start to increase load then begin to make surge, I will appreciate any suggestion

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in