HW is suppose to be introducing a new communicating thermostat. Any news?

There was a new comm thermostat introduced this year, it is the T7350. This will become the replacement for the comm T7300 thermostats.
    The commercial Vision Pro thermostats do not currently have, or will probably ever have, communication. These will probably replace the remaining T7300 models somewhere in the future.

The T7350 is not replacing the T7300 there will still be both lines. I forget what is special about the T7350, I think it has something to o with modulating a damper, or economizer, I forget. The VisionPro theromstats will have a communicating model, when I don't know. I did see a cutsheet on it about 6 months ago but to the best of my knowledge there haven't been released yet. Look here for more info on the H/W stats: http://www.energyequipment.com
    I Bleed Johnson Blue

My info on t7350 is the same as hanknerd, it is to replace t7300, t7300 is slated for phase out.

jci, not sure where you are getting your info, but mine comes from our Honeywell rep. The T7350A,B and D are direct replacements for T7300 models. They also have more features than the T7300 (additional I/O, humidity sensing/control). The T7350M is brand spanking new and is special because it has modulating heat and cool outputs available.
    Additionally, there are communicating models of the above, available as the T7350H.
    There are no plqans on the Honeywell marketing group drawing board for Vision Pro communication or modulation.

Nothing really "NEW" about it , TCS/Basys has had a the SZ 1050 series communicating thermostat with modulating outputs and economizer control for a couple of years.

[Edited by Control Man on 10-05-2005 at 10:07 AM]

communicating thermostats

THanks for all of the great info and links. I was referring to to hub-bub I caught wind of regarding the development of a bacnet ms/tp communicating thermostat by Honeywell.

Obviously no such luck!

Thanks to all

The T7350 stats also feature PDA programming of their advanced features... which I view as a problem rather than help, as these advanced features can ONLY be programed by PDA, so in 10 years when that stat freaks out and needs to be reset, good luck finding a PDA which will still be compatible. I'd love to see a more advanced VisionPro stat. They should have put all of the effort that they put into the 7350 into the commercial VisionPro stats.