Thread: confused

confused

Good afternoon all, i am kinda confused and need an answer. In the picture below, is the Honeywell HE225 humidifier, which installed with my central heating and cooling system, i understand you only turn on humidifier whenever heater is on, but do you turn on humidifier when a/c is on? as you can see in the picture, it has Summer and Winter switch, is that means i should turn on the humidifier in Summer as well? thanks in advance

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The humidistat should be turned off and that knob in the summer position during cooling season.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The humidistat should be turned off and that knob in the summer position during cooling season.
    thanks, but does it make any difference if i forgot turn if to right position?

Not a big deal on the humidistat, since it reads the humidity in the home and won't turn the thing on anyway unless set to an abnormally high setting. And if wired to the furnace's humidifier terminal, it won't run without heat anyway. If on the blower (EAC) terminals, it could if set very high.

The summer/winter switch on the humidifier is a damper.
    Turned to summer stops airflow from going through the humidifier.
    Depending on the conditions if the cold air is flowing through the humidifier it could cause condensation to form on the unit.