Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 33
  1. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    You might well get your wish. Want to bet wether the next POTUS turns the economy around or not?
    It's going to take more than a president. The right president can point us in the right direction, but Congress (and the Fed) is responsible for the economy. And so far, Congress is not accomplishing much. If we can replace enough people in Congress, we will begin to see some progress.

    The 2010 elections were a big step in the right direction. If 2012 is anything like 2010, look out.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    It's going to take more than a president. The right president can point us in the right direction, but Congress (and the Fed) is responsible for the economy. And so far, Congress is not accomplishing much. If we can replace enough people in Congress, we will begin to see some progress.

    The 2010 elections were a big step in the right direction. If 2012 is anything like 2010, look out.
    The only thing that will happen in 2012 is that the people will realize the mistake they've made and vote the GOP out again. I think the GOP has alienated to many people to make any strides in Government.

    The elderly

    The unions

    educators

    Although each of the above groups is largely liberal in their voting, there is a considerable amount who are/were conservative. That new bunch in congress think they have a mandate. I believe they are seriously in a whole lot of trouble.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The only thing that will happen in 2012 is that the people will realize the mistake they've made and vote the GOP out again. I think the GOP has alienated to many people to make any strides in Government.

    The elderly

    The unions

    educators

    Although each of the above groups is largely liberal in their voting, there is a considerable amount who are/were conservative. That new bunch in congress think they have a mandate. I believe they are seriously in a whole lot of trouble.
    alienate the unions ??? .......... well there goes the under 5 % they donate to the GOP

    Alienate educators ???? ......... Ahhhh their union too.

    ace ......... kinda makes then in that under 5% union donation.

    As far as elderly , Dems are using scare tactics and lies to get that vote. We will see if they wise up and throw out the dems that are selling out the country. Don't see them as counting as being largely liberal as you stated ........ you should be saying the large amount of young college student liberal teachers brainwash into voting democratic so teachers get pay raises and retirement under the money that was suposably going to better eduction ... lie , lie lie.

    yep as you say these 2 are largely liberal and would probably stay voting that way being being obama is in their pocket buying votes.

    As far as you believing the GOP is seriously in a whole lot of trouble ....... where do you think Obama and the Dems are as far as the economy ?????

    DEM motto, LIE, LIE LIE even if they have proof its not true ....... lie and deny it

  4. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,538
    I think there will be many fresh faces on both sides of the aisle, and most of them will be budget cutters.

    There are a lot of young unemployed workers who see the handwriting on the wall. They know there are more opportunities for them in states like Texas, a right-to-work state with no income tax and 38% of the nation's job openings. For them, closed-shop unions hold little promise. They are Dems and Reps, but they all expect large budget amputations.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Why don't you provide a link showing Obama is a communist?
    From a past SNL regular, reported in main stream media;
    As a member of "Saturday Night Live" in the 1980s and '90s, Jackson worked with now-Sen. Al Franken. Is Jackson the Tea Party's answer to Franken's liberal politics? She seems to have found her calling as an outspoken conservative. She told CNNduring CPAC, "I only woke up because we elected a communist."


    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...#ixzz1QQNwEhAr


    And then we have O'Bummer's 2012 new official Campaign flag;
    .

    .
    .
    ....along with 20 points for O'Bummers Communist attitude;

    http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-20-Event...xist-Communist
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The only thing that will happen in 2012 is that the people will realize the mistake they've made and vote the GOP out again. I think the GOP has alienated to many people to make any strides in Government.

    The elderly.......
    SHADES OF "Wild in the Streets"! O'Bummer's plan for the elderly is; "Take a pill, shut up and die!"
    President Obama suggested at a town hall event Wednesday night that one way to shave medical costs is to stop expensive and ultimately futile procedures performed on people who are about to die and don't stand to gain from the extra care… He added: "Maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller.”
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    I think there will be many fresh faces on both sides of the aisle, and most of them will be budget cutters.

    There are a lot of young unemployed workers who see the handwriting on the wall. They know there are more opportunities for them in states like Texas, a right-to-work state with no income tax and 38% of the nation's job openings. For them, closed-shop unions hold little promise. They are Dems and Reps, but they all expect large budget amputations.
    Funny you should say Texas. We have lots of Road and building construction going on around here. The roach wagon , with the funny tasting burgers and packaged snacks, all you find on them now are tacos and Mexican candy and soft drinks. You want to see the US improve. Elect Perry, he'll have more Mexicans in the US in 2 years than Bush managed to let in in 8.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    SHADES OF "Wild in the Streets"! O'Bummer's plan for the elderly is; "Take a pill, shut up and die!" http://www.all.org/article/index/id/ODU1[/INDENT]
    I was hoping for something along the lines of soylent green, one of my fantasies has been to dump what used to be a conservlican

  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Funny you should say Texas. We have lots of Road and building construction going on around here. The roach wagon , with the funny tasting burgers and packaged snacks, all you find on them now are tacos and Mexican candy and soft drinks. You want to see the US improve. Elect Perry, he'll have more Mexicans in the US in 2 years than Bush managed to let in in 8.
    Do you mean to say that Perry is the man who is responsible for the state of affairs in Texas right now?

    Do you mean to say that Perry is the man who is responsible for the menus of mobile food vendors in Texas?

    Do you mean to say that you could never vote for a man who was governor when Mexican food vendors modified their menus?

    Sorry, I don't follow your line of reasoning.

    And now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOJxQ7umeVw&NR=1
    .
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Do you mean to say that Perry is the man who is responsible for the state of affairs in Texas right now?
    no, he had nothing to do with it
    Do you mean to say that Perry is the man who is responsible for the menus of mobile food vendors in Texas?
    yes
    Do you mean to say that you could never vote for a man who was governor when Mexican food vendors modified their menus?
    no
    Sorry, I don't follow your line of reasoning.
    I'm saying the success you talk about in Texas has more to do with cheap illegal labor than Perry
    And now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOJxQ7umeVw&NR=1
    .
    thanks for the video, nice way to get a rise in the count

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,700
    Hermo is a token negro for the tea party. By the time of the primaries he will be chewed up and spit out by the tea party and the pugs who will be endorsing a pasty white candidate to do battle with obama.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Hermo is a token negro for the tea party. By the time of the primaries he will be chewed up and spit out by the tea party and the pugs who will be endorsing a pasty white candidate to do battle with obama.
    We don't think his skin color is of any great political benefit. It might gain him a point or two. But we like him because he is a no-nonsense businessman who knows how to turn a failing company around, and because he is in favor of the FairTax.

    The good thing about his skin color is we know he has a chance to win. After all, if Obama did it, anybody can.

    If he was a "token negro," why would anybody want him to run for president? What chance could a token have? Isn't the purpose of a token to show that one group is not exclusive of another? When a group has a token, doesn't the group usually say "One is enough?" Why would such a group choose a token to represent their hopes and dreams?

    No, it's the Democrats who say he is a token. They resort to such labeling (and other forms of name-calling) because they have no other defense against him. The more they do it, the more desperate they appear.

    If he gets "chewed up and spit out," it'll be the Democrats and/or big money candidates who do it, not the Tea Party. If he falls by the wayside, the Tea Party will always be his home.
    Last edited by Space Racer; 06-27-2011 at 12:02 AM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I was hoping for something along the lines of soylent green, one of my fantasies has been to dump what used to be a conservlican
    So, when someone says to you; "eat me!", you think they are offering you a snack?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event