The Truth About Trucks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Great suspension but who cares, they still suck.
    You can lead a horse to water.....(OR IN THIS CASE A GOAT LOVER...)

Angry The Truth About Trucks !!!!

I thought that was a very good DVD. I was never a Ford Fan, "BUT" I think it's a STINKING DISGRACE that GENERAL MOTORS FOR 2005 Switched back to "DRUM-BRAKES" on the Rear Axle !!!! Totally Shamefull!!!!! I tell everyone SCREW GENERAL MOTORS for "REAR-DRUM-BRAKES" If ya CAN'T AFFORD THE F-150 Buy the DODGE!!!!

I'll bet that the collision companies love those Ford F-150s too. I looked through some of the videos that were on that site and it looked to me like Ford only took the best that they had for the worst that the other companies were offering. I didn't like that they put the Toyota and Nissan trucks in the same catagory as the American trucks. I guess that they are in the same catagory according to the ratings but definately not even close to what the American manufacturers put out.

Suspension. Why didn't they show the upper A-arm from the Chevy? Or the fact that that the Chevy doesn't need the unit body construction because it has a real suspension in the front, not an easily bent strut suspension.

Brakes. Ever wonder why the rear brakes last 60,000 miles or better on a Ford? I don't know why Chevrolet puts drum brakes on the rear but do you think that they are any less safe than the previuos years disc set up.

Engine. I don't know about any of the regulars here on this board but our Titan 5.4L V-8 engines start throwing spark plugs around 100,000 miles. It's happened to at least 5 vans in my shop in the last 2 years. One of them was mine.

Very good commercial if you don't do research on other vehicles or talk to you local alignment shop people.

...Ron

I wouldn't want to keep a spark plug past 100,000 miles. WTF is "unit body construction?

Originally posted by James 3528
    I wouldn't want to keep a spark plug past 100,000 miles. WTF is "unit body construction?
    Maybe I should have put down unibody instead. It's the cheapest type of automobile construction that there is. Very safe from all of the crumple zone material that gets crushed in an accident but more likely to have the insurance adjuster total the vehicle because they are impossible to get back into the original shape without cutting the damaged parts out and replacing them with OEM parts, a very time consuming process.

I didn't mean that the end of the spark p[lugs life was at 100,000. They literally blow out of the spark plug hole. I don't know about you but I expect todays motors to last 200,000 miles if you have a need to have the vehicle that long.

...Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12