Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Chandler, az
    Post Likes

    Chillers, boilers, etc. School and training

    I graduated a tech school with an Electro mechanical certificate, EPA universal, and what not, with a 4.0 and honors. I have been thinking about getting into hvac facility maintenance, and would like to Learn more about chillers and boilers, commercial an industrial type machines. Cab anybody give me some advice? Is there a school? Affordable? Should I just try and get a job and learn on the go?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Post Likes
    There are schools available. I don't know about in your area. I graduated from a tech school and was hired straight into facility maintenance. Took me a little while to get the hang of it, but it was a good learning experience. If you find a good facility maintenance job, they will usually teach you the ropes. Just don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. If they are worth their salt, they will not have a problem answering your questions. I love both the field work of HVAC and building maintenance. They both have their pros and cons. Good luck with which ever you choose.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Post Likes
    Go to All kinds of books, training courses etc. Also courses are not cheap, but what is nowadays. The other option is through Carrier,Trane,Mcquay or York, you will have to fly to their school for these. for used books cheaper. Try Good Luck!
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365