It is a shame that all those seniors lost there lives while trying to enjoy their golden years.

Lk. George is about an hour from here. The old folks were supposed to visit Vermont next. Our sympathy goes out to all the Michigan families that lost thier love ones.

On behalf of the great state of Michigan, thank you for the kind words Benny!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

On behalf of the uninformed........

What happened?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

How

sad.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

They thought that the wake from another boat might have caused it. Any idea which one?

Originally posted by hvacmd2002
    They thought that the wake from another boat might have caused it. Any idea which one?
    They are in the same local TV coverage as we are so I'll probably get more news tonight. Eye witnesses that helped pull folks out of the water said that they didn't see any other boats around.

When we go out on a dive boat there are generally the captain, dive master and 2-3 mates. There are generally no more then 40 divers on a boat. This boat only had a captain. No other crew and 47 passengers.

The Captain is 74 yo. He is a retired NYS trooper. Sounds like he hit the right rutter a little too hard and all of the people toppled to one side. Which in turn made it capsides.

The weather was calm and clear.

My feeling is that he should have had some other personnel on the boat with that many people.

They have one of those senior boats up here on Harriman Resivour. Ive been out fishing. When that boat goes past the nudie beach all of those folks run to the one side to catch a glipse. It a wonder one of them has gone over.

[Edited by benncool on 10-03-2005 at 06:46 PM]

What Are You Doing?

Originally posted by benncool
    They have one of those senior boats up here on Harriman Resivour.
    [Edited by benncool on 10-03-2005 at 06:46 PM]
    At Harriman Resevoir? Hmmmmmmmmmmm????????

Also is that not closer to Wilmington?
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

I love the Lake George Region. I go island camping every year up there and remember watching that boat go past.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Re: What Are You Doing?

Originally posted by sodadude
    [i]
    At Harriman Resevoir? Hmmmmmmmmmmm????????

Also is that not closer to Wilmington? [/B]
    You know were it is Dude! Everyone knows you "hang out" on the nudie beach during your lunch hour.

The National Transportation Safety Board raised the "Ethan Allen". The boat was rated for 50 people using the old Coast Guard rating system. This figured that each person weighted 140 lbs.

There was 47 people and they where all adults. So they are looking at the boat being over weighted.

I took my advanced open water dive training in Lake George. The guy that owns the dive shop through which I was certified was on TV tonight. Apparently he was giving a class in the Lake that was near by the scene. He was first to retrive victims. Small world.