Question for Someone Smarter Than Me!

I'm working on a strip mall suite around 1200 sq. ft in size. It's sandwiched in between a dry cleaner and a pizza shop. This one story suite has little if any insulation above the drop ceiling and a HOT and HUMID basement (due to the cleaners machines I'm assuming),with no insulation in the floor. They have a 2 ton 410A condenser, a 2.5 ton coil, sitting on top of a York TG(8,L)S060A12MP11 furnace. The heating load is o.k. but the cooling is undersized. The owner does not want to insulate the structure. So with 0 insulation the load is 44,000 btu's of cooling. How can I get 1600 cfm out of that furnace, so I can install a 4 ton coil/condensor. Will installing a 1/2 or 3/4 hp rescue motor with the existing 8x10 blower wheel do it? Thanks in advance for any info.

Can we ask why the owner is not considering insulating the building. This alone can pay for itself in fuel costs and electricity saved.

Not sure where you located but my guess is that the tenant will not be happy. At 600 sqft/ ton, that seems awfully high for retail space. I usually see the owner providing for units at 350-400 sqft/ ton. If the tenant needs more it's up to them to provide it. And, what hotrod said.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

[QUOTE=. Will installing a 1/2 or 3/4 hp rescue motor with the existing 8x10 blower wheel do it? Thanks in advance for any info.[/QUOTE]

No, that won't help. The existing motor will turn at its rated rpm on high speed. Putting in a larger horsepower motor that's rated at the same rpm, will only give you the same rpm and the same cfm. You would have to have a larger blower.

I agree that you need more cooling for 1200 sq. ft. Could you install a mini split?