Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Check with your University, they may have something. Might even be able to get credit for your work. Does Canada have Grant programs??

@Stonewallred - I think "Rogerk" confused you with "Meoberry" - the dude who was complaining. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Check with your University, they may have something. Might even be able to get credit for your work. Does Canada have Grant programs??
    This is a great idea and one that my girlfriend suggested as well. I have yet to contact the university as I have been working 10-12 hours. Alas, this is a lame excuse and I just need to get my ass in gear and give them a call.

What do you mean by grant programs? I have received $1000 from the government for my first year of schooling and should be getting another $1000 for the second soon. Upon completion of the inter provincial exam a journeyman is able to receive another $2000, for a grand total of $4000. These are called apprenticeship incentive grants.

Fortunately I think I have landed a job with a company that will allow me to contract out from under them or at least work part time during my time at university.

Theres a few guys on here from British Columbia. Maybe ask them if they know anyone who needs a hand. I can't see why someone wouldn't take someone on for the summer if they needed a hand. It would make for an easier slow season when a guy heads out without being laid off. It's always the apprentices that get laid off anyways so.
    Get money, get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    You must not be that good at it then.
    Eighteen years in the field. Four standing job offers. Only one company that I can't go back to. Opened and closed my own business, because of too much work and could not find any decent help. Not that good???? Do me a favor and keep your opinions to yourself. OH! by the way. When your 45 years old with a bad back,bad knees and diabetes. Then you can have an opinion.
    Last edited by meoberry; 07-21-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished yet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12