Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    Just set whatever DDC up to run the whole chill plant show, and then set the chiller(s) up to receive a remote start command.
    When the cooling call comes in, the chilled and tower pumps start first, then after a few minutes delay, the chiller. On shutdown, the pumps should run a few minutes after the chiller shuts down. You want to have the tower fans controlled to the design condenser entering temperature.
    If your DDC gets pump status, put that in the start up logic, along with outdoor temperature, and some sort of indication of actual demand, like a key valve opening percentage with an adjustable on-off differential in the DDC. That way you don't start the chiller when there's no load, as well as start fewer times.
    And write your pump and fan logic as straightforward as possible, preferably in one controller so you don't rely on the network. (because of locations, you might be stuck on that last one)

You can view the essential chiller stuff from the chiller panel, whether one line or "Opti-View".

Things like flow switches need to remain wired directly to the panel.

If your control guy can't understand what I just wrote, get a different one.

Good luck, cowboy. I've been in your shoes.
    Thats all good but in this case the facility people dont want to go that route, they want to control the chiller and have access to data like oil temperature,volts,amps, pressure etc from a remote location.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    You can only use a Elink to connect to the micro board if the #031-01065-xxx is what's in the panel that i just listed or above anything less not compatible with Elink, if so you can write to start/stop, remote current limit, leaving CHW setpoint, then you could also pull all the other data from the Chiller like you had just spoke about if everything i just listed above is true.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    You can only use a Elink to connect to the micro board if the #031-01065-xxx is what's in the panel that i just listed or above anything less not compatible with Elink, if so you can write to start/stop, remote current limit, leaving CHW setpoint, then you could also pull all the other data from the Chiller like you had just spoke about if everything i just listed above is true.
    Not sure what micro version the panel has,as far as I know its all original from 1991. I'm not familiar with Elink, could you share some info? thanks.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Look on the micro board there should be # on the board that starts with 031-xxxx-xxx , I can send you a PDF on the Elink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Here is the E-Link Doc's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Thank you once again!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345