Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by captain71 View Post
    Is that one of them plastic pads? We got away from them do to the problem braking.
    Yes it is a plastic made by Diversitech. I have not had any problems with the Diversitech pads breaking.

Yup, that's prettier. The artist in me still would like to see the whip somewhat parallel with the wall out of the disconnect, looped near the bottom and under the refrigerant lines and making a grand entrance into the service box...somewhat like a Loretta Young kind of way!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Yup, that's prettier. The artist in me still would like to see the whip somewhat parallel with the wall out of the disconnect, looped near the bottom and under the refrigerant lines and making a grand entrance into the service box...somewhat like a Loretta Young kind of way!
    I agree with you it would have looked nicer to have been able to run it along with the tubing. Seeing that a 4 ft whip is all I had plus when you figure in the fact that I did this job with no help other than a two wheel hand cart I was just flat tired and didn't feel up to spending an hour running to a big box store for a longer piece of sealtight. Thanks to everyone on the compliment's on the install.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I agree with you it would have looked nicer to have been able to run it along with the tubing. Seeing that a 4 ft whip is all I had plus when you figure in the fact that I did this job with no help other than a two wheel hand cart I was just flat tired and didn't feel up to spending an hour running to a big box store for a longer piece of sealtight. Thanks to everyone on the compliment's on the install.
    We keep 6' ready made whips right in the trucks. No run to the supply house, no assembly. But a nice job all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanmikey View Post
    like the van in the backround in the first pic..
    i like the van too ..

that's tight fit in the closet... I wonder how had it is to get the old one out and the new one in.... overall, looks very good
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    that's tight fit in the closet... I wonder how had it is to get the old one out and the new one in.... overall, looks very good
    Had to take water heater out.

Another "Have to move your water heater to work on your furnace" jobs. Do you figure alittle more labor cost for that? Or bite the bullet to keep the cost down? Just curious.

Nice workmanship. I have been looking for a van to replace my truck set up. Is that YOUR van or do you work for someone else?
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Yes, I add more to the quote for removing and reinstalling hot water heaters. Yes, the van is mine and I work for myself.
    Something that I did not mention in previous post is that the floor was rotted out due to the water heater leaking over the years. I removed hot water heater, trashed old furnace and A/C, ripped out old floor and installed new flooring including vinyl and baseboard trim. HO painted closet and I went to work filling the utility room up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12