Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My grandson goes to St. Mary's but he is only in the 2nd grade. Kids only do what they are taught.

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/Stories/0,1413,104~8678~3080085,00.html

Second story down.

Originally posted by benncool
    My grandson goes to St. Mary's but he is only in the 2nd grade. Kids only do what they are taught.

Second story down.
    Nice story but you are comparing a small private academy to a large public school system, a school system that has to take every kid that comes along, and many of those kids were raised by morons.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by benncool

Second story down.
    Nice story but you are comparing a small private academy to a large public school system, a school system that has to take every kid that comes along, and many of those kids were raised by morons.
    That's my point. How do you get the kids away from the morons so that they are not taught to be morons?

I don't know Beenie, by the time they hit school it is often too late.
    But that is great your grandkid has that opportunity, good for him.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by dec
    So how many teachers do you know that want to be graded as far as how well they cant teach? Why do you think the teachers unions have tenur, so you cant get rid of unqualified teachers. Lawmakers object...... of course thats who they are getting to vote for them with the Illigal aliens. Civil rights advocates......what do you expect their jobs sticking up for people that dont deserve getting things that they havnt earned. So DOGLIPS whats your point, are you suprised? lol
    Get your head out of your ass, you don't have a clue what its like to be a classroom with a bunch of disrespectful morons.
    Guess I dont Dice ......you might want to restate that so it doesnt sound as stupid as it does. I do know what your trying to say tho but then in that case I kinda think you have your head up your ass. So I guess that makes us even. You would make a great teacher......so would you clasify all your students disrespectful morons? I know some of the teachers do after teaching so many years, not all but some.

[Edited by dec on 10-05-2005 at 10:56 AM]

My wife is a teacher as was her pop.
    99% of teachers have a passion for it,all they want to do is teach and guide young people. When it works it is the most rewarding thing in the world. When it doesn't, and they have to spend all their time disciplining kids some of who have no fear of consequences or any respect for authority, well then it sucks. Teachers get bummed and in time burned out. It only takes a few in every class to ruin it.
    Public education is simply a mirror of our society.
    Go spend a day in a public school one day, pick a big city one. Try Philadelphia for example. See how long you could hold up....
    Considering the task they have, they do a pretty damn good job if you ask me.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Amen brother

Considering the task they have, they do a pretty damn good job if you ask me.
    With all the crap they have to put up with , both from parents who don't care and paper work so some administrator can have a job... I totally agree.

Also, the pay and benefits ain't that great. Hell, I bet most techs on this board make a better living. My wife doesn't clear 40 k.... and she isn't eligible for Social Security either. We have to pay for insurance....

Glad you think so much of the job they do.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Blaming the teachers for how some of these kids turn out is like blaming the policemen for all the criminals on the street....
    Not serious about the head up the ass remark Dec, sorry.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12