Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    100,000 Calif. High School Seniors Fail Graduation Exam
    Students Must Pass Exam To Get Diploma

POSTED: 3:22 pm EDT October 1, 2005
    UPDATED: 3:25 pm EDT October 1, 2005

LOS ANGELES -- About 100,000 of California's high school seniors, 20 percent, have failed the state's graduation exam -- jeopardizing their chances of earning a diploma.

This is the first year students face the graduation requirement.

Class of 2006 students must pass both the English and math sections of the test by June.

The two-part, two-day test has come under criticism by some teachers, lawmakers and civil rights advocates.

A report by the Human Resources Research Organization predicted that tens of thousands of students, particularly those in special education and others who speak English as a second language, may fail the test.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

So how many teachers do you know that want to be graded as far as how well they cant teach? Why do you think the teachers unions have tenur, so you cant get rid of unqualified teachers. Lawmakers object...... of course thats who they are getting to vote for them with the Illigal aliens. Civil rights advocates......what do you expect their jobs sticking up for people that dont deserve getting things that they havnt earned. So DOGLIPS whats your point, are you suprised? lol

2 points of the post

1 that 20% of the kids cant do the basics needed to complete high school will enter the work force one way or another.

2. that IF we don't do something to unpork this countries education system that we will end up losing even more jobs to 3rd world countries..because at least they can read and write.

On a side note Florida has had this type of test in place since 1981 (the year I graduated high School was the first year it was required)..
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

The basics ? Hell they gave up on the basics years ago. Now they teach ...how to get along. How to not offend anybody. You dont get on a student for not trying to learn....that might perminatly scar him or upset him. whats the grade system anymore ........pass or ok passed, dont hurt his feelings. Its not about what they learn it about how many you run through there to get government dollars. Yep keep on going to the people for money for schooling. Ya gotta get that money to pay teacers wages and their retirment. The teachers strike on that all the time, the poor kids need books and computors. Ya like they see any of it ,Its going to teacher benefits.

just goes to show that californians are whacked out.

These are the same people who in a few years will be telling them they can't turn on power plants because they "Harm the environment" which will cause a 6 month long power outage for thousands of people, while they sit in their air conditioned homes.

I have nothing good to say about california. I have never met anyone from there who is worth a ****.

California is the whole reason the rest of this country is all f*cked up.

Did you ever notice how groups like ELF get pissed off when you build a home, but they all live in wood homes?

That's the california mentality.

[Edited by ct_hvac_tech on 10-03-2005 at 12:18 AM]

OMFG I dont know where to begin...ok first of all Doglips

where in the LA school system does 100,000 attend classes in any one day????????????or at any one time?????????

--------ct_hvac_tech
    Professional Member

just goes to show that californians are whacked out.

These are the same people who in a few years will be telling them they can't turn on power plants because they "Harm the environment" which will cause a 6 month long power outage for thousands of people, while they sit in their air conditioned homes.

I have nothing good to say about california. I have never met anyone from there who is worth a ****.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WHAT? <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I for one am worth a ****- and what about Big Bird,
    I for one am a Damn nice guy! just ask me some time

California is the whole reason the rest of this country is all f*cked up. >>> Oh Please! do people really believe that kind of stuff?? dont you listen to Rush
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Did you ever notice how groups like ELF get pissed off when you build a home, but they all live in wood homes?

They dont get pissed about building homes out of wood, they get pissed off when you so carelessly chop down the home of the spotted Owl----or the blue tail snipe
    -------------------------------------------------------
    That's the california mentality.

-------------------------------------------------

OMFG I dont know where to begin...ok first of all Doglips

where in the LA school system does 100,000 attend classes in any one day????????????or at any one time?????????

CT2 I did not write the news article...that's why I when I cut and paste I left the "Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press"

I believe that they are referring to the LOS ANGELES county school district....I have never been there but my general understanding is that Los angles County is a pretty big area.

I have never been there but my general understanding is that Los angles County is a pretty big area.
    That's an understatement. L.A. is the reigning king of urban sprawl.

As for the comment about Californians not being worth a sh@t, careful there, buddy (ct_hvac_tech). My parents are from and continue to live in California, and I personally spent twelve years of my life living there.

True, I was glad to return to my native state of Tejas, but until you've spent time in California, it's just another case of stereotypical paintbrushing blowhard-ism to write off an entire state of 20 million plus people as uniformly whacked out and leftist.

If memory serves me well, San Diego County was one of the most conservative in the state.

The state is not without its problems. Reflective of American society as a whole, IMO.

• Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

I believe that they are referring to the LOS ANGELES county school district....I have never been there but my general understanding is that Los angles County is a pretty big area.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Yea Los angeles county covers a few acres, it even has 1 or 2 good neighborhoods left, the rest of the areas flodded with truant gangbangers that get their ebonics lessons in class before the 8th grade and their college education in the los angeles county jail

ax them to take an english test and you would have to tell them where it be at

Math lessons they are good at as long as you are talking about Doves or nickel bags or a dime or the benjamins

it wouldnt be difficult to understand why they couldnt pass a test. entering the work force....well, most will be entering jail in L.A.

OK, I take back the comment about everyone not being worth a sh*t, just MOST people from there are not. (I didn't think we had any californians on here.........open mouth insert foot)

CT 1: no offence taken

Originally posted by dec
    So how many teachers do you know that want to be graded as far as how well they cant teach? Why do you think the teachers unions have tenur, so you cant get rid of unqualified teachers. Lawmakers object...... of course thats who they are getting to vote for them with the Illigal aliens. Civil rights advocates......what do you expect their jobs sticking up for people that dont deserve getting things that they havnt earned. So DOGLIPS whats your point, are you suprised? lol
    Get your head out of your ass, you don't have a clue what its like to be a classroom with a bunch of disrespectful morons.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by doglips
    100,000 Calif. High School Seniors Fail Graduation Exam
    Students Must Pass Exam To Get Diploma

A report by the Human Resources Research Organization predicted that tens of thousands of students, particularly those in special education and others who speak English as a second language, may fail the test.

This is the key, mainstreamed special-ed kids and immigrants.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast