Thread: goodman hx series fan coil units dx with electric heat

Post Likes
    Just wondered if anybody has worked with theses units alot. In my apt buildings they had some problems with the t-stat going blank then coming back on. THen after a few hours or days the transformer would blow. You would replace it and all was well for a next few days and then it would blow. The apt man called a local a/c friend and he said it had to do with goodman and them putting a ground wire on the 24v common side. You would have your 240 volts in on the primary and then the 24volts coming out and on the 24v common (off the transformer) straight to a ring terminal fastened to the metal. THis a/c guy came over and would cut this wire and the problem would go away totally. But if you would wire nut it back together it would act up again. Their are several new units that are operating this way with the wire attached and are fine. Why is this and I have never heard of a wire coming from the transformer going straight to ground. Wouldn't the fuse blow due to this. I was asked about this question and it was bothering me as well as the maintainance man. Why is the reason for a wire straight to ground off the transformer the schematic shows this and I have seen this on york units. thanks for some input

Post Likes
    Your service person has no clue as to what they are doing. Get someone in there that understands why the transformers of new furnaces are grounded before you have all kinds of ignition problems.

Something is simply wired wrong.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in