Question

Looking at a 80 pct. Gibson furnace, 4 ton a/c unit to
    replace my aging equipment. I know Gibson is part
    of the Nordyne family, but was wondering if anyone knows of any recent problems/issues with their current line?

Not a bad furnace. The condensors are noisy though.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Nice line. Easy to repair. The company is growing by leaps and bounds.

You might find that for a little more you could up grade to one of the other products available.

Westinghouse, Frigidaire, all these have an 8 year parts warranty.

thnks for the info. Just curious, we haven't performed a load calc yet, but I've got 2,200 sq ft in a multi-level with 30 yr old windows and siding, very little shade, house in the midwest. The old 3 ton a/c runs non-stop until 2 a.m., unable to keep up on a typical summer day. Been serviced, and appears to be working properly, or as proper as a 20+ yr old a/c will work. Seems like the unit may be too small for my home. I spose the load calc may confirm?

on the face of it, being in MIdwest too, the size seems right, but yes do load calac to be sure.