Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,065
    When I click on an item or window, my monitor speaker makes a clicking noise. It never did this before.

    I have changed none of the settings. I asked the 11 year old if he has been farting around with the settings, he said no.

    I would like to know how to get into the computer settings to turn off this sound.

    It is more about learning about my computer than anything.

    Is that a sign of spyware when your computer starts changing on its own?
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil EC
    Posts
    10,460
    It can be turned off. If you're using XP with IE, go to the Control Panel and open the Sounds and Audio Devices. Click on the sounds tab. There's a box called program events. Scroll down to the Windows Explorer heading and find a sound called Start Navigation. Click on the speaker icon to turn it off.

    That should do it for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    947
    Originally posted by sodadude
    When I click on an item or window, my monitor speaker makes a clicking noise. It never did this before.

    I have changed none of the settings. I asked the 11 year old if he has been farting around with the settings, he said no.

    I would like to know how to get into the computer settings to turn off this sound.

    It is more about learning about my computer than anything.

    Is that a sign of spyware when your computer starts changing on its own?
    Dude, you sure have alot of computer "issues"! Now that you know how to turn off the sound, keep the kids on their own computer and tell them if they mess it up it's their own fault. This is important stuff we adults do on the computer and our system must always be ready for H-talk action!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    Check your master volume setting.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    O.K re-read it. It is in a setting in "sounds"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,065

    I Know I Know

    Originally posted by hvac_czar
    Originally posted by sodadude
    When I click on an item or window, my monitor speaker makes a clicking noise. It never did this before.

    I have changed none of the settings. I asked the 11 year old if he has been farting around with the settings, he said no.

    I would like to know how to get into the computer settings to turn off this sound.

    It is more about learning about my computer than anything.

    Is that a sign of spyware when your computer starts changing on its own?
    Dude, you sure have alot of computer "issues"! Now that you know how to turn off the sound, keep the kids on their own computer and tell them if they mess it up it's their own fault. This is important stuff we adults do on the computer and our system must always be ready for H-talk action!
    I am a whiner and complainer. Plus Red Sox losing yesterday. I am down man, really down today.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,065

    Icemeister

    Originally posted by icemeister
    It can be turned off. If you're using XP with IE, go to the Control Panel and open the Sounds and Audio Devices. Click on the sounds tab. There's a box called program events. Scroll down to the Windows Explorer heading and find a sound called Start Navigation. Click on the speaker icon to turn it off.

    That should do it for you.
    You are the man. To the Hampton Beach Casino for a round of drinks on Dice!!!!!
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    But you can turn off certain sounds from a list in Control pannel then Sounds and Audio Devices then Sounds.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,157
    my computer Moans every time I click on one certain spot...but you got to hit that spot before every time

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    947

    Re: I Know I Know

    Originally posted by sodadude



    I am a whiner and complainer. Plus Red Sox losing yesterday. I am down man, really down today.

    I'm just killing time till 2 o'clock... clinch time baby!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Re: I Know I Know

    Originally posted by hvac_czar
    Originally posted by sodadude



    I am a whiner and complainer. Plus Red Sox losing yesterday. I am down man, really down today.

    I'm just killing time till 2 o'clock... clinch time baby!
    Hope they dont back in with a Cleveland loss. I really would like to seem them kick arse today.

    They really should have won the division but were only 11-9 down the stretch while the damn Yankees were 16-4.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    947
    Into the post season either way so far, Indians lose and 10-1 at the stretch... Red Sox Rule!

  13. #13
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Check your master volume setting.
    This si the problem

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event